Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Job Offer From Standard Charter Bank

  1. #1
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    hey guys, i got this Bank offer from St. Ch. Bank and am kinda confused, i for some reason need to join and a part of me says not to join so i need advices from you guys.
    1st of all ill describe the current situation...
    right now am working at a bank, its a big and international bank(not much reputation tho), am having a salary of 4,000.00 AED(1,089.04 USD), another month and we get increment don't know how much but it will be something.
    we don't get extra day off in week, just Friday and Thursday is half day which i don't see it to be half anyhow .
    i get 2 bonus and a salary at the end of the year(2 bonus because of my work as a teller). so one more month(end of the year) and ill get around 11,000.00AED(2,994.75 USD).
    am happy with my job there but not happy of my salary, well kinda of its not bad either, i have lots of my own nation people over there, my own language so the its kinda friendly weather, altho i don't like my cash manager that much.
    were i work the things r not complicated like st. ch. bank, its simple and classic banking, i don't mean everything is manual, 'IT' is the big part of it.
    my big Sister works over there in 'HR' department as manager secretary so she can back me up in most of cases.
    last but not least i don't feel living it 'NOW', maybe am not ready to migrate.

    now the confusing part...


    you see that, the term 4 says they can kick my ass any time they want without any notice and reason, so am at big risk, it will be like leaving my job and going to some where were i don't have a guarantee of remaining.
    also they have 6 month probation, i feel like a newbie again.
    their giving me 1,500.00 AED(408.385 USD) extra from my current pay, so my salary will be 5,500.00 AED(1,497.41 USD), i don't think its worth of leaving a company which your working for it for like 1 year and half.
    and there r some more freaking out terms in the contract.
    the only positive thing they have is they got two days off.
    i was stupid for not going on interview at HSBC bank, they give way better salaries and its better bank also. today iw as supposed to meet the manager but i couldn't Handel the pressure on the both side, on one side(SCB) i was almost done to join and on 2nd(HSBC) i was just beginning, so i though to leave the HSBC for now, mybe if they call me again ill give a try.

    so over all am asking your advices, so far my family was supporting and i agreed with them, they say i should wait little longer for better opportunity.
    Last edited by BawA; 11-07-2005 at 03:24 PM.


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    now the confusing part...
    I disagree. I find it all quite confusing.

    However, I think you'll find that is standard terms for when you are on probationary periods at any company.

    What you should do now is let it be known at your current job that you have received another job offer, and see if they are prepared to offer any more to you to stay.

    That worked for me a couple of times...

    Having had an offer from someone else gives you a certain amount of power..

    Of course, they could call your bluff and tell you to fuck off, in which case you'll probably then have to take the new job...

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Can your current job fire you on a whim?

    Over here, if there is no union (or contract), the worker has to just GTFO, with little they can do about it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    i can live with the probation but the kicking off without any reason is BS, what if they decide to cut of some employies and thier 1st of option ill be, and i have my car loan going on, where the hell ill manage to get the money.


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Can your current job fire you on a whim?

    Over here, if there is no union (or contract), the worker has to just GTFO, with little they can do about it.
    current job has contract but not the type your pointing, but they cant fire you without any reason cuz our labor office supports us specialy local peoples.


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    i can live with the probation but the kicking off without any reason is BS, what if they decide to cut of some employies and thier 1st of option ill be, and i have my car loan going on, where the hell ill manage to get the money.
    Take the new job.

    Put away the extra 500 or so dollars for a year.

    Be a superstar at the new job.

    Pay your car off early..maybe roll into your home mortgage to write it off.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    How long have you been at your current job?

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the suburbs. honestment
    Age
    31
    Posts
    21,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by BawA
    i can live with the probation but the kicking off without any reason is BS, what if they decide to cut of some employies and thier 1st of option ill be, and i have my car loan going on, where the hell ill manage to get the money.
    Take the new job.

    Put away the extra 500 or so dollars for a year.

    Be a superstar at the new job.

    Pay your car off early..maybe roll into your home mortgage to write it off.
    how is crashing your new car into your new house going to solve anything?


    i don't know how good your prospects and stuff are over there, so how big of a risk this is. if it were me i'd stay in safe job

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    if i wasnt working right now i would accsept the SCB offer right away cuz i had notting to lose but right now i have what i want leaving it for few more bucks is stupidty.
    other banks starts the salary for national people from 5000AED, i have 1 year experiance and thier giving me 5500, i think they got me cheap. the day i went for interview i wasnt ready so i accsepted that pay.


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Some Where but not here
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,541
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    How long have you been at your current job?
    its been 1 year and 4 months.


    "You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •