Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: White Men Can't Rap...

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    there are a lot of good white rappers

i prefer music by white rappers because they arent the same old, same old

im sick of hearing everyone rapping about how they grew up in the ghetto, how much money they got and how many bitches they got. when it comes down to the actual rapping skills there aint much in it appart from white guys sound a bit squeeky compared to black guys, its all about production and writing and im sorry to say eminem has it, why else would dre sign him?

p.s. would tupac still be the greatest rapper if he wasnt dead? think about it.

2. Music   -   #32
    i had a pretty big argument with an old schoolmate about the question of would tupac be a success now if he was still alive. i said he would definitely be a big success, the schoolmate said not. i think the success of better dayz may have answered this question. ok, so part of it's success was fuelled by tupac's status, but surely not all the people who bought it did so as a tribute.
    i think pac would be a big success, he would also have changed his style to cope with the changing face of hip hop in the last few years. a lot of tupac's beats still sounds fresh these days too.

3. Music   -   #33
    Poster
    I have read through this thread now and got to say that although i dont agree with what the starter of this thread said,there is a small bit of truth in what he is trying to say i think.

To me the origns of hip hop was a black sound,what i mean is most of the early rappers i listened to were black.Thats not to say that white men can't rap, it was just a black thing a bit like motown was and mostly still is.

There are a few good white rappers out there that i like but the majority of them are black,thats probably down to my individual tastes and the fact that the hip hop industry mostly has black artists.

Times change though,we move on as people,we progress and white rappers can rap,its not a colour thing.

It's music,its a feeling you get when you listen to a tune,whatever its genre and the more white rappers that get into hip hop the better IMO.

4. Music   -   #34
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    im sorry but saying white people cant do this they cant do that
    its not tru
    its like saying black people cant do this and that
    there always exceptions
    and eminem is one of them
    hes released so many albums
    and comes up with new stuff all the time
    most rappers say the same shit over
    not eminem
    hear each of his albums its got a different sound to each
    listen to infinite and now listen to his 8 mile ost
    then u will understand what i am tlking about

5. Music   -   #35
    You guys have all underlined the same point, basically that it doesnt matter
    what color your skin is, it doesnt control your musical talents.

Only thing that makes or breaks an artist is their basic ability to feel and hold a beat
    it doesn't matter what musical genre. In addition the fact that this topic has come up
    has helped point out our society's movement towards change, and thanks for the non-discriminant
    opinions.

Latez! B)

6. Music   -   #36
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Threwout history there wasnt one good white rapper
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

7. Music   -   #37
    1/2 Man, 1/2 Amazing
    this comming from a slipknot fan...

you must be a wonderfull judge of musical talent...

8. Music   -   #38
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    Hey just to let you know I used to be a huge rap fan
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

9. Music   -   #39
    Poster
    hes right look thru history of hip hop Vanilla Ice Disgraced hip hop until Em kinda gained that back. but being white is one of the things that got Em noticed

10. Music   -   #40
    RAP SUCKS

HARD ROCK FOREVER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast