Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A fine example of "celebrity" free speech...

notforlong's Avatar Quality Control Mgr.
    Stupid is as stupid does, but you already knew that, didn't you?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Feck, Al-Qaeda don't stand a chance if John McClane gets on their case.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Yeah-

He's knock-kneed, but effective nonetheless.

Go, Bruce!
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Go, Bruce!
    I thought you were against Hollywood stars making "statements" or is it just "liberal" stars

regardless I don't object to the reward offer even though I can't see it making one tiny difference. After all what is the official reward up to now?

Perhaps Brucie can give the promised mill to the soldiers that got Saddam once they leave the military. It would be nice

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Go, Bruce!
    I thought you were against Hollywood stars making "statements" or is it just "liberal" stars

regardless I don't object to the reward offer even though I can't see it making one tiny difference. After all what is the official reward up to now?

Perhaps Brucie can give the promised mill to the soldiers that got Saddam once they leave the military. It would be nice
    I would grant him a voice as none of the others has managed to desist.

In any case, this seems a bit less strident and at the same time more substantive than your garden-variety celebrity comment.

Notice how he puts the offer out there without any attempt to offend or insult anyone?

If he actually gives some cash away, he immediately leaps light-years ahead of the like of Barbra Streisand, Alec Baldwin, et. al., in credibility.

They had promised to leave the country, as I recall; instead, they only see fit to lay about here and bitch.

Much as I would like to see the soldiers rewarded, the promise of such flipping great wodges of cash would compel them to act a bit too independently for their command element, I fear.

Not workable at all.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    he was never gonna pay anything. i bet he shit himself when saddam was caught. same as jack thompson when his mod was made

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Bruce is an impassioned bandwagoning fool.

Some celebrities seem to find passion for everything 'cept 'causes here in America. Save the children, free Iraq, blahblah....
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    He's probably got a new movie/DVD/project coming out soon.

Any media attention is good news.

While I admire his offer, I don't think it is going to achieve much. Although the "terrorists" recently apprehended in Australia were picked up because a guy became suspicious when he sold large amounts of chemicals (paint thinner etc) to something like 15 men of middle-eastern appearance for cash in a very short time. Triggered his dodgometer and he reported it.

If it helps the capture of one person, or even the disruption of one plan, it's worth it.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by cycoburns
    15 men of middle-eastern appearance
    15 men of middle-eastern appearance? where?! get 'em!!

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Some celebrities seem to find passion for everything 'cept 'causes here in America. Save the children, free Iraq, blahblah....
    I think our congress has the market cornered on "causes", and has usurped much of the available passion via our tax burden.

There is precious little left for a citizen to do, apart from responding to earthquakes and tsunamis around the world, and the occasional "domestic" hurricane.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast