Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consoles getting better suited for Games?

Poster
    This isn't a PC Vs Consoles debate...Are the graphics for Xbox360 superior to what's available for PC now? Are the Next-Gen consoles going to be better suited for gaming than PCs? PC Upgrades are starting to get pricier and pricier...Should I rather concentrate on getting Xbox360 and PS3 than on my PC status? Which do you think will be developing more over the years?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Games   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    This isn't a PC Vs Consoles debate...Are the graphics for Xbox360 superior to what's available for PC now? Are the Next-Gen consoles going to be better suited for gaming than PCs? PC Upgrades are starting to get pricier and pricier...Should I rather concentrate on getting Xbox360 and PS3 than on my PC status? Which do you think will be developing more over the years?
    Not really, Call of Duty for Xbox360 looks about like the PC version 6 months ago... However, they are getting better suited for performance. A triple processor core is definatly superior for processing and load times. But I doubt that graphic quality will ever be superior to PC's, until they make the GFX cards upgradeable in consoles.

3. Games   -   #3
    Upgrades are starting to get pricier and pricier...Should I rather concentrate on getting Xbox360 and PS3 than on my PC status?
    Depends on whether you're made of money or not. Graphics cards are expensive as hell (I paid $500 for mine a year ago and it's already outdated). You can get a new console for less than that and it'll be decent for 3 or 4 years because the developers find new ways to use the existing technology.

4. Games   -   #4
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalTheorem
    Upgrades are starting to get pricier and pricier...Should I rather concentrate on getting Xbox360 and PS3 than on my PC status?
    Depends on whether you're made of money or not. Graphics cards are expensive as hell (I paid $500 for mine a year ago and it's already outdated). You can get a new console for less than that and it'll be decent for 3 or 4 years because the developers find new ways to use the existing technology.
    rly

5. Games   -   #5
    Damnatory is kind of right but anyway hear me out.
    You should never judge a console on its launch graphics because thats not at its full capability. For example look at the difference in what graphics in halo were compared to halo2. IN halo 2 the graphics were alot better so right now the grgaphics out arent as good as they are going to get. Anyways thats my 2 cents.

Anyone agree disagree?

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Damnatory is kind of right but anyway hear me out.
    You should never judge a console on its launch graphics because thats not at its full capability. For example look at the difference in what graphics in halo were compared to halo2. IN halo 2 the graphics were alot better so right now the grgaphics out arent as good as they are going to get. Anyways thats my 2 cents.

Anyone agree disagree?
    I agree with u because that is true. That reason makes me really excited about the PSP knowing that graphics are going to be better, plus they don't even use the cpu at full potential (333mhz) yet. Anyways about the 360... I think you should get it if you are into games and don't wan't to spend a ton upgrading ur pc all the time.

7. Games   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Anyone agree disagree?
    That's pretty much what I said. With a console, the developers have to be creative and use the limited resources. They get better when they learn new techniques.

With a PC, the developers just keep using more and more resources with the new titles, so you have to keep upgrading about every year.
    Last edited by FinalTheorem; 11-15-2005 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo

8. Games   -   #8
    Consoles getting better suited for Games?
    uh. as opposed to being suited to what? making toast?

if they're suited to anything, it should be games since that's what game consoles are meant to do.

9. Games   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    Consoles getting better suited for Games?
    uh. as opposed to being suited to what? making toast?

if they're suited to anything, it should be games since that's what game consoles are meant to do.

well nowadays they are focusing on other features alot more too wich i think is unecessary like making the gameconsole an entertainment system dvd player like all in 1 thing anyways im also fo it so im goin both ways.

10. Games   -   #10
    Lick My Lovepump
    I really don't see them trying to make more of a DVD player than a games machine. People would complain like hell if their DVD drive console couldn't play DVDs.
    The media centre things on Xbox360 will kick arse anyway, streaming video from PC through to the TV is great, using a TV out from graphics card sucks, lots of messing around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast