Thread: Found This Little Gem...

zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    Found this little gem the other day, kind of makes you think about your own problems doesn't it?

Pause For Thought

If you are in good health, you’re in better shape than the 10,000 people a day that are told that their condition is terminal. If you woke up this morning, you’re ahead of the one million people who didn’t survive the week. If you can sit down, read the paper and drink a cup of coffee, you’re better off than the 500 million men, women and children around the world who are experiencing the horrors of war, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation.

If you can attend church without threat, you’ve a freedom envied by two billion others who have never been inside one, If you have food, clothes and a roof over your head, you’re richer than 75% of the earths inhabitants. (Actually, your dustbin eats better than they do&#33

If you have money in the bank, you’re among the worlds top 8%. If you can read this, you’re ahead of one-third of the people on this planet who are illiterate.

If you’ve fallen into the trap of expecting much but appreciating little, it’s time you remembered, repented and gained a little perspective.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    thanks for that

makes me feel much better

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Interesting facts.... where did you find it?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    Thanks for that.

Always good to get a perspective check.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    I found it on the back of a news pamphlet produced by the company who run my Grandmothers sheltered housing! (You asked&#33

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by zacspeed@18 April 2003 - 22:25
    I found it on the back of a news pamphlet produced by the company who run my Grandmothers sheltered housing! (You asked&#33
    Thats even more interesting! Cheers

7. Lounge   -   #7
    just makes the people who have nothing even more sad and jealous... but how could they read it?

yes i do feel better, and for the little while that i thought about it, i had some perspective. but every time youre down you cant keep thinking of that. people at this forum have the right to be sad anyways and think about their problems and try to get even better in life. dont we?

no conflicts man. please.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    damn communists

9. Lounge   -   #9
    yeah fuck you kab.

...i dunno. heh heh.