Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need your advice...

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Ok, here's the scoop. A friend of my bf and me, wants us to join this online chatting community. (I already told her no, that it looks like a dating service and I'm not interested.)She say no its a way to meet and make new friends and not hook-up.

My bf joined today and has failed to tell me, but he has told our mutual friend who has already made 2 comments on his profile. Do you think I should confront him on this or wait it out? (he did put he is in a relationship) I found his profile by doing a search.

Here is the website:
    www.myspace.com

She is claiming it is NOT a dating service just a way to make new friends.
    Now you tell me do you think this is a indiscreet dating service or if it is what she claims and I am just being paranoid?

Here is a profile of a the kind of ppl on there
    http://home14.myspace.com/index.cfm?...4-91c91572b0c9

To me it looks like away to "Hook-up" behind someones back, what do you guys think?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    call them noobs

3. Lounge   -   #3
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    oh i get it. you can't really get laid on t'internet. also, don't tell him and then you can spy on him

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    A few of my friends (irl) are members of Myspace and have said to me about joining. I haven't because the whole set-up looks a bit ghey and I think I talk to them enough anyhow.

I think they're there to chat with each other and post 'witty' comments on each other's blogs. It's very music oriented and lots of bands have blogs on Myspace. I don't think your boyfriend has done anything wrong.

Sure, it can be a haven for cybering but it's mainly just a place for people to chat.

Exactly like here
    Last edited by manker; 11-16-2005 at 11:21 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick
    Ok, here's the scoop. A friend of my bf and me, wants us to join this online chatting community. (I already told her no, that it looks like a dating service and I'm not interested.)She say no its a way to meet and make new friends and not hook-up.

My bf joined today and has failed to tell me, but he has told our mutual friend who has already made 2 comments on his profile. Do you think I should confront him on this or wait it out? (he did put he is in a relationship) I found his profile by doing a search.

Here is the website:
    www.myspace.com

She is claiming it is NOT a dating service just a way to make new friends.
    Now you tell me do you think this is a indiscreet dating service or if it is what she claims and I am just being paranoid?

Here is a profile of a the kind of ppl on there
    http://home14.myspace.com/index.cfm?...4-91c91572b0c9

To me it looks like away to "Hook-up" behind someones back, what do you guys think?
    It's probably innocent but wait it out.

He didn't tell you so you don't have to tell him that you know.

It'd be interesting to see how long he posts on there without telling you.....not that it means anything.

Stay level about it though. Unless there is crap don't bring crap.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    and i came to fst cause i thought it was a dating service.
    what a rip off

it looks like a pretty innocent site
    Last edited by 15%; 11-16-2005 at 11:46 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Ack! Well, your instinct tells you that putting a profile up on myspace is advertising, and I have to agree. But advertising for what remains to be seen.

Your boyfriend thought it would be cool to see and be seen. Maybe he is looking for new friends, fishing for compliments or just being social...

Whatever you do, don't let your insecurities get the best of you. Talk to him about it, ask him what he is gets out of putting up a page.

My boyfriend used to send me invites to all of the friend networks that his Navy buddies had joined. At first, I was annoyed. I didn't want to join these sites!! I asked him, why??!!??? WHY?!!!? He shruggged, said he wanted to stay in touch with people.

So, I joined to see what he was up to.. I quickly found that he wasn't trolling, he really was keeping in touch with established friends and wanted to include me. Now, I join to participate and get to know his friends.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    call them noobs
    Agreed.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    what teh fook...
    since when was that dump a dating crap...

i think j00 all stupid

thats my advice dont take it
    cryco pig

10. Lounge   -   #10
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaciousAkasha
    Ack! Well, your instinct tells you that putting a profile up on myspace is advertising, and I have to agree. But advertising for what remains to be seen.

I totally agree if your in a serious relationship my would you join one of these? What do you get out of this?
    I'm going to try to wait this out and see what develops if anything. It may be innocent and I am being a freeked out gf. But if he doesnt tell me soon, red flag will go up!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast