Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Psp Iso

suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    How can i make the dumb psp iso's i download smaller im stuck on that, i have a 512 mb card most should fit on there but its way to big someone please help...ive tried a couple things but didnt work

2. Games   -   #2
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    get a 1gb stick.

Problem Solved.

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Games   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    A rip of the game might get released for it. Forgot to tell u that on AIM. @ Spicker- he doesnt have the money right now for a gig stick....

4. Games   -   #4
    yeah i dont have a job yet but i know there is multiple ways rip it but i dont know the good ones, i tired a couple ppl said worked on the iso but it didnt work

5. Games   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Ok, here's what you do...

1. Open the ISO with IsoBuster/WinRAR. Extract everything into a folder.

2. Look in PSP_GAME/SYSDIR for a folder called UPDATE, delete this folder. It'll make the ISO around 15MB smaller.

3. Look in PSP_GAME/USRDIR for pad0.pad or pad1.pad. These are dummy files used to stretch out the game's content to the edge of the UMD, so load times are faster. The pad files are really big most of the time. Removing the pad files does nothing to the actual game, and since your playing off your memory stick, they are unneeded.

You can't delete them, you have to replace them. Delete pad0.pad and pad1.pad from the folder. Open a blank notepad file, save it as pad0.pad and another as pad1.pad. Now you should have the dummy files, only they are 0kb instead of 500-700mb.

4. Download UMDGen http://www.umdgen.com. Open it, drag everything into the UMDGen window, and click on File > Export ISO. This'll make a fresh new PSP compatable ISO file... now without the Update and dummy files.

------

I know it seems like a lot of work, but it takes 10 minutes really. I downloaded Need for Speed Most Wanted yesterday... removed the update and dummy files. The ISO went from 850MB to 180MB!

NFS Most Wanted is a pretty damn good game for being under 200MB.
    Last edited by Rip The Jacker; 11-18-2005 at 05:15 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    God I can't wait to get my 2 gig stick....

7. Games   -   #7
    hahahahha rip i did that right before u posted accept i tried a different method after a while of fooling around but i was trying to get the same game to work, we should play some time PM me if you want to play

8. Games   -   #8
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker

2. Look in PSP_GAME/SYSDIR for a folder called UPDATE, delete this folder. It'll make the ISO around 15MB smaller.

3. Look in PSP_GAME/USRDIR for pad0.pad or pad1.pad. These are dummy files used to stretch out the game's content to the edge of the UMD, so load times are faster. The pad files are really big most of the time. Removing the pad files does nothing to the actual game, and since your playing off your memory stick, they are unneeded.

You can't delete them, you have to replace them. Delete pad0.pad and pad1.pad from the folder. Open a blank notepad file, save it as pad0.pad and another as pad1.pad. Now you should have the dummy files, only they are 0kb instead of 500-700mb.

4. Download UMDGen http://www.umdgen.com. Open it, drag everything into the UMDGen window, and click on File > Export ISO. This'll make a fresh new PSP compatable ISO file... now without the Update and dummy files.

------

I know it seems like a lot of work, but it takes 10 minutes really. I downloaded Need for Speed Most Wanted yesterday... removed the update and dummy files. The ISO went from 850MB to 180MB!

i need to get a 1gb stick now!

My Blog
    I'm still here.

9. Games   -   #9
    I need help!!!!!!! Alright I'm getting a Version 2.0 or 1.5 PSP next week. I have already bought Need for Speed and I downloaded it as well. How do I put it onto the PSP? Can someone either e-mail me or instant message me at AxSr89 and explain how to do this? Thank you.

PS. I already got the .iso part down.

10. Games   -   #10
    solarman's Avatar Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker

------

This is about the same way to rebuild games for ps2 that are too bid to fit on 1 dvd-r.
    Is there a list of games that need to,or can be rebuilt for the psp?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast