View Poll Results: Should Illegal File-Sharing (Music) Be Legalized?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal File-Sharing

Yes. File sharing should be legal. In fact, the record companies should embrace it instead of trying to destroy it, because it'll only end up worse. Blanket lawsuits scared people, effectively stopping them...temporarily. They stopped using an inferior file sharing program that downloaded song by song with crappy quality, viruses, and adware. They moved on to something more efficient, something safer. So now the average Joe probably isn't on Kazaa, he's on some other file sharing program with encryption that allows full album and movie downloads with perfect quality and greater speed.

How will they make money? If the artist creates good music, the fans will support him or her. They won't go hungry, that's for sure. It's not like profits will disappear(except maybe for those that intend to excessively profit off the artists such as corrupt labels, etc.)

Without large monetary incentive there's no reason for artists to make music? That's contrary to everything I've ever known about art. Music will continue being made, and the artists won't be sent to the poorhouse.

But then again, what the heck. They can continue running the music industry the way it is and point their fingers at us and cry and sue dead people, and we'll just get better at it. Eventually the industry will have to change. Something will.

2. File Sharing   -   #92
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    i love downloading music...but it shouldnt be legal...why should it be legal?
    artists need to make money for their talent its just not gunna come from me...

3. File Sharing   -   #93
    basically if you legalize illegal downloading of music wouldn't you have to get rid of copyright laws all together, and as good as it sounds that would have bad implications in many different areas. There are no really good arguments for doing this but many people will support the idea for the selfish reason that they want free stuff, not thinking about how it would really effect the bigger picture. Without copyright laws who would publish books or release movies, if they have no way of recouping the costs.

4. File Sharing   -   #94
    hpp312's Avatar no nuttin
    What it is not legal

5. File Sharing   -   #95
    Poster
    Nothing in excess.
    "He who stands on toilet get high on pot"

6. File Sharing   -   #96
    adriand
    I dont feel sorry for the record companys, if they made the price more realistic they would solve most of the illegal stuff.

7. File Sharing   -   #97
    Isn't life a bitch, off you pop to the shops, get yourself the latest game for your system (console or PC) get it home, put it into the machine, play it only to find out it's total and utter POOH! You looked at the reviews, saw the demos and it seemed like it was going to be good, but no it was POOH! Thank god for file sharing. Download it try it if you like it go buy it. Provides money for the good developers weans out the dross developers. The same thing often goes for other types of files too, music, movies applications et al. So YES legalise P to P and weed out the lamers who are getting rich on selling dross.

8. File Sharing   -   #98
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    As a lawyer friend said, it shouldn't be legalized, but decriminalized. Don't know too much about the difference, but he's a smart guy!

9. File Sharing   -   #99
    mym_2006's Avatar Torrent Lover BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    you should believe in what you did

I believe
    Last edited by mym_2006; 03-17-2007 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. File Sharing   -   #100
    Poster
    What right does anyone have to deny another from making a new instance of something with with his/her own resources?

If my neighbour builds a swing on his backyard, should he have the right to deny me from building an identical copy of it on my backyard? I think not.

There is no justification for copyright, it needs to be removed.
    Last edited by Asuran; 03-17-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast