View Poll Results: Should Illegal File-Sharing (Music) Be Legalized?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal File-Sharing

No wtf? what about all the artists? They will quit and no music to download.

2. File Sharing   -   #122
    up
    Last edited by y7deluxe; 12-06-2009 at 01:29 PM.

3. File Sharing   -   #123
    Member BT Rep: +1
    have to say NO.

4. File Sharing   -   #124
    There's a fine line between trying b4 buying and outright keeping.

Why would artists continue to make music if they aren't getting properly paid for it? The existing big names could probably get away with it with endorsements and concerts, but it'd be the end to young and struggling groups who need the money to improve.

5. File Sharing   -   #125
    edmund's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    I have vote no, iff they legalize it, weres the fun in the file sharing, it will lose the carisma.... i like the illigal stuf, well thats my opinion

6. File Sharing   -   #126
    dang edmund i was going to say that lol. but yeah the fun would go away.

7. File Sharing   -   #127
    ibnahmed's Avatar still employed BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i voted yes, but i think it should still be no but we are gonna download it anyway

Left out

8. File Sharing   -   #128
    SalsaMan's Avatar vamos a bailar! BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post
    Hell no it shouldn't legalized.

If it gets legalized then there is little incentive for artists to make music, Hollywood to make movies, and companies to make software.

Despite what the music industry says, however, record sales are hardly hurt by illegal filesharing.

Half of the shit I have, I wouldn't have bought anyway. Artists are still going platinum and above. How I discover good music is through filesharing then I actually buy the CD if it's a GOOD ALBUM. Gone are the days of buying that CD 'cause you heard that one good song on the radio.

We are fooled no more.
    Agreed... 100%.

I wouldn't have found even half of the artists I love now if it wasn't for file-sharing, and when I really like an album I go out and BUY it to SUPPORT the artist. That's the way it should be. End of line.
    mental note: get better sig

9. File Sharing   -   #129
    Pzero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Just realised this was ancient..but yeah, probably been said, but the result is obviously biased.
    >><<

Waffles|What|BitMe|BitMeTV|Revtt|TL|TD

10. File Sharing   -   #130
    thegman24's Avatar 100% American BadA$$ BT Rep: +2
    It's a lesser of two evils I think, if you legalize it, it would still go on, but the danger and mystique about illegal file sharing would be gone. Thus, a lot of the culture surrounding it would change. Our parents generation bought Beatles albums and smoked dope because they knew their parents wouldn't like it. And they were right!

Now look what their kids are doing.... what will our kids do??

-TheGman

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast