View Poll Results: Should Illegal File-Sharing (Music) Be Legalized?

Voters
1355. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Illegal File-Sharing

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Hell no it shouldn't legalized.

If it gets legalized then there is little incentive for artists to make music, Hollywood to make movies, and companies to make software.

Despite what the music industry says, however, record sales are hardly hurt by illegal filesharing.

Half of the shit I have, I wouldn't have bought anyway. Artists are still going platinum and above. How I discover good music is through filesharing then I actually buy the CD if it's a GOOD ALBUM. Gone are the days of buying that CD 'cause you heard that one good song on the radio.

We are fooled no more.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    of course it should!!!
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    jetje's Avatar former star
    no, it's more fun as long as it's illegal

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Main reason I dont buy albums is because I usually only like 1 or 2 songs on teh album, so no point in buying the whole thing when I could just get the 1 or 2 songs online that I like.

A good idea would be for record companies to start making custom mix cds. You choose the songs you want and they make your own custom cd which you pay for as if it was a normal album, but has all the songs YOU want.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

If it gets legalized then there is little incentive for artists to make music, Hollywood to make movies, and companies to make software.

Despite what the music industry says, however, record sales are hardly hurt by illegal filesharing.

Half of the shit I have, I wouldn't have bought anyway. Artists are still going platinum and above. How I discover good music is through filesharing then I actually buy the CD if it's a GOOD ALBUM. Gone are the days of buying that CD 'cause you heard that one good song on the radio.

We are fooled no more.
    I once again agree with Busyman on that. If dling becomes legalized, where do they get their money from? Plus there are always those people who don't know about P2P and buy CDs no matter what. Slightly off topic but know the band Thursday supports filesharing though. Idk why they do but regaurdless they are a good band.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

We are fooled no more.
    I once again agree with Busyman on that. If dling becomes legalized, where do they get their money from? Plus there are always those people who don't know about P2P and buy CDs no matter what. Slightly off topic but know the band Thursday supports filesharing though. Idk why they do but regaurdless they are a good band.
    Because they have all the money they need and are true artists?

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    I don't think that legalization is the answer... However, a drastic reduction in price is in order. Say $3 an album? Then you could tack on an extra $10 to what really matters, the concert tickets. Live music is really what it's all about anyway, interaction with the fans, the enormous pulsating crowds, all screaming for them... They lose no money this way, and I guarentee everyone would be more than willing to pay an extra couple of dollars to see a band they love, live.

These so called "artist" who complain about the extra million dollars they "may" lose out on, while they are already sitting on top of 60 million anyway, aren't really in it for the music anymore. The ones that are still out there making music, for the sake of the music are the only ones that I actually pay for anymore.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    who the hell voted no. Why are they here anyway. This forum is called FILE SHARING TALK
    LOL, I just bought the FM cd not too long ago and it was 13.74 at walmart which is a good price, but when you go to other place like HMV and whatnot they want like 20$ for a cd, thats why I usually dont buy cd's.... Unless its something I REALLY like.
    Last edited by S!X; 12-03-2005 at 08:51 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    who the hell voted no. Why are they here anyway. This forum is called FILE SHARING TALK
    LOL, I just bought the FM cd not too long ago and it was 13.74 at walmart which is a good price, but when you go to other place like HMV and whatnot they want like 20$ for a cd, thats why I usually dont buy cd's.... Unless its something I REALLY like.
    $20 is like the cheapest you can get an album for over in engerland, well 20.1203818 Canadian dollars

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    All everyone has to remember is the fact that you can still purchase someone's release on a Cassette, now some of you younger folk might not know what a cassette is. but, if you were to walk into a store that offered both. Why is the CD more than the Cassette, when it's so much cheaper to manufacture and distribute than the cassette. Because the industry knows what the people desire so they take advantage. The prices should be lowered, and today's artist should have to go on tour more often, and do longer shows. It was how artist made thier money and got thier fame, before the digital era. Which would explain the serious drop off in quality of live performances by today's artist. They have NO experience. How many artist, especially in the rap industry made HIGH Quality demos on their pc, then got it mass produced and never played in front of a decent size crowd. I'm gonna date myself now, but the Kurtis Blow's, Run-DMC's, and Grandmaster Flashes put on a SHOW, today's rappers walk around the stage yelling and cussing not too much to thier shows. Also, they usually perform maybe 3 to 5 tracks then cut loose. File sharing is great, it's making today's artist work a little harder. Like they had to in the old days.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast