Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keane Leaves Manchester United.

manker's Avatar effendi
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/4449396.stm

His position as club captain became untenable after he criticised the playing staff, also when Sir Alex pretty much took the mickey out of his managerial hopes. I happened to agree with the criticism he levelled at some players (well, the abridged version printed in the press) but it was inevitable that senior figures at the club wouldn't stand for it and his contract would not be extended.

A sad day indeed but his best playing days are some years behind him and I don't believe it will hamper the club in that sense, tho' his advice to the younger players will obviously be missed.

An absolute legend who will never be forgotten. Not unlike Cantona, his outstanding contribution to the club will remembered by the fans via the medium of song in almost every top level match for many years to come.

I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Sports Club   -   #2
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    So he'll be playing in the next Matrix movie then?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Sports Club   -   #3
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    A sad loss for manutd, but to be honest it's been coming for a wee while. I think he sees the next couple of years (at least) to be problematic, especially with chelski so strong just now and arse nil still a force to be reckoned with. As is Wigan, but we won't mention that just now .... D'oh.

With the clubs recently acquired massive debt (madness) I don't think they will be spending huge sums on new players (relatively speaking). I believe Rikk has put a player budget for the next few years in place. So they are unlikely to be strengthening the squad massively, feck they've got Smith trying to play the Keane role just now and he be a striker, I think he's doing a decent job as it happens, plenty of spunk about him, but surely that's only a temporary situation.

If he has a testimonial do you think it will be the Theatre of Dreams, or Paradise. Playing for both sides maybe, that would be kewl.

Anyway, sad loss for you chaps, I wish him well in the future.

C'mon the hoops.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

4. Sports Club   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I think his spunk is deceptive, beyond that he's been pretty awful - yet somehow contrived to be man of the match against Chelski recently. He was brilliant on that day and maybe has given us some indication that his new position isn't temporary. Sir Alex certainly seems to want him to play there for the foreseeable.

Shouldn't even be an issue, tho' - we should have replaced Keano with world class midfielder years ago.

You're prolly rodding but Keane will want his testamonial to be at OT, plus the fans will demand it. Against t'Hoops, obviousement.

I hope he does go to you lot now, I certainly don't want him to be playing against us in the Premiership
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Sports Club   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think his spunk is deceptive, beyond that he's been pretty awful - yet somehow contrived to be man of the match against Chelski recently. He was brilliant on that day and maybe has given us some indication that his new position isn't temporary. Sir Alex certainly seems to want him to play there for the foreseeable.

Shouldn't even be an issue, tho' - we should have replaced Keano with world class midfielder years ago.

You're prolly rodding but Keane will want his testamonial to be at OT, plus the fans will demand it. Against t'Hoops, obviousement.

I hope he does go to you lot now, I certainly don't want him to be playing against us in the Premiership
    He could have two testimonials, one at each, and fill them both. However I was just joshing, Auld Trafford is a given

You really are rodding if you suggest he might go to another premiership club, I just can't see it. Tho' I s'pose stranger things have happened, just not very often.

A thought just occurred (really), what of Nottingham Forest, may he go there for a season or so. Then maybe go down the management (possibly player/manager) track.

6. Sports Club   -   #6
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    All good for Celtic then

7. Sports Club   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    All good for Celtic then
    One hopes so (or hoops so).

He would get serious pelters up here tho'. Much the same as Craig Bellamy, arses trying to wind him up.

He did a good job of larfing it off. I don't know if Keano would. Having said that, he's had people trying to wind him up for years. Then broke their leg obviousement, but whatcha gonna do.

8. Sports Club   -   #8

9. Sports Club   -   #9
    My favourite bit was when he said he meant that.

10. Sports Club   -   #10
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    I never liked him as much as scholes. or beckham. I was a ManUtd fan when I was a kid(mainly because I didn't know of too many other good teams). Hopefully ManUtd can pick-up a young and healthy player who will fill Keane's spot and perform well. C Ronaldo was a good replacement for Backham, I 'm sure ManUtd thought of this before they traded him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast