Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some money help

Here it goes...

I need to have $450 in a single account. I have ~$350 in my checking account. $200 usable on a credit card. $10 cash (for food til payday ).

Here's the problem. I sent an epayment to my credit card on the 8th. I can only make 1 every 14 days. I need the money in the account by the 22nd. Im sure you know what its for now

So the money from the checking would be on the card til the 23rd.

I also have a Paypal account with the Mastercard/debit card. My parents have a paypal account aswell but w/o the card.

I was thinking I could send $200 to my parents paypal with the source being my credit card. Then refund it and use the debit card to take the money out of an ATM machine. But would it go straight back to the credit card or stay in the paypal balance?

I know that kind of a payment shows as 2 actions, first from the card to paypal, then from paypal to the other person. Could I stop the payment from the balance to the other person? Or when I refund stop it from going back to the card?

Hope this made sense
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 11-20-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Bah...

I just tried sending the money from my card to my parents account and refuning it. Didnt work. Went straight to the credit card. Now it says I dont have the avalable credit on my credit card. Hope it clears up today. (Probably wont for 3 business days)

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Hmm... if I write a check, it should take about 3 days to clear right?

So I might be able to setup the credit card for use at an ATM machine (cant at the moment, takes up to 3 days I think) then take out the $200 and deposit it to my checking.

EDIT: this crap is pissing me off Guess I better get my 2 hrs of sleep before work.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 11-20-2005 at 11:04 AM.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Hope this made sense
    no.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I guess I could send the money from my parents paypal to mine but I would get hit with 2 ~$6 fees.

Anyone know what the odds of a place letting me pay with both debit and credit are? Or I could take cash out from the checking pay with that then the rest with the card....

*sigh*

6. Lounge   -   #6
    do a cheque ~ if ya in the uk it takes 4 days to clear ~ don't let it bounce lol
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The system over there is different to the system over here, but some things are probably similar....

Its 3 clear WORKING DAYS for a cheque to clear, not 3 days... this translates as anywhere from 3-5 days (possibly upto 7 if you deposit mid-week). It also depends whether its deposited to a clearing bank or not.

If its not a clearing bank, it can take a couple of weeks.

It takes about 30 seconds to set up a credit card for ATM withdrawals if the issuer has online accounts; about 1 week - 10 days if not.

The time factor is only the length of time for them to post a PIN to you, or for you to make/get a PIN online.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Yea, I think the check is the best way to go.

EDIT: Yea, when im saying days, I mean business days. Well, atleast relating to the cards/accounts.
    Last edited by SingaBoiy; 11-20-2005 at 11:15 AM.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    If you're short on cash you might want to have a crack at the "Last Person To Post Gets $20" thread.
    It's hot in Topeka.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    Quote Originally Posted by DorisInsinuate
    If you're short on cash you might want to have a crack at the "Last Person To Post Gets $20" thread.
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast