Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post your Meds

Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    They put me on Tomazipan when I couldn't sleep,they turn you into a zombie

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    no offence guys, but you make me feel less screwed up

3. Lounge   -   #33
    They do. And Valium and related drugs are much the same. I think for a long time the idea was just to sedate those of us with schizophrenic disorders.

And then when that didn't work, then they did ECT - I had rather a lot of that. And judging by the headaches and the mess it made of my memory at the time, I can't imagine that did much good to my brain either.

:hail: Olanzapine... finally feel like a person again

4. Lounge   -   #34
    Sumatriptan, 50mg, for migraines

5. Lounge   -   #35
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Quote Originally Posted by IncurableChevy
    They do. And Valium and related drugs are much the same. I think for a long time the idea was just to sedate those of us with schizophrenic disorders.

And then when that didn't work, then they did ECT - I had rather a lot of that. And judging by the headaches and the mess it made of my memory at the time, I can't imagine that did much good to my brain either.

It seems like the hardest part is to get the combination, type and quantities of meds right.

Having spoken to a few people about this stuff over the years, one thing also struck me in that prescription doses seem very high right from the start. I have a close friend who could only function on half the prescribed dose of tranquilisers. They still seem to have done the job as he is now meds free as it was an episode in his life rather than a chronic condition.

The thing is, when he tried to take the full dose it completely zombied him out. What I would like to know is why the dose was so high to start with when half the dose did the job fine and allowed him to continue working? His doctor had said it would take a week or two to settle down, but to be honest at the doses given (and subsequent effects) he would not have been able to look after himself during that time, let alone keep working.

I know they say you should do what the doctor says but I am not always sure, and sometimes they over prescribe. This is not the first person I know of that has reduced their dosage significantly in order to be able to function, but that the reduced dose seemed to be effective.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara
    Quote Originally Posted by IncurableChevy

It seems like the hardest part is to get the combination, type and quantities of meds right.

Having spoken to a few people about this stuff over the years, one thing also struck me in that prescription doses seem very high right from the start. I have a close friend who could only function on half the prescribed dose of tranquilisers. They still seem to have done the job as he is now meds free as it was an episode in his life rather than a chronic condition.

The thing is, when he tried to take the full dose it completely zombied him out. What I would like to know is why the dose was so high to start with when half the dose did the job fine and allowed him to continue working? His doctor had said it would take a week or two to settle down, but to be honest at the doses given (and subsequent effects) he would not have been able to look after himself during that time, let alone keep working.

I know they say you should do what the doctor says but I am not always sure, and sometimes they over prescribe. This is not the first person I know of that has reduced their dosage significantly in order to be able to function, but that the reduced dose seemed to be effective.
    Good point, Sara.

I only see the doc 's perscriptions as a guideline.

I actually change the quantities/medication myself from time to time.

Gladly my doctor is cool with that!

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Poster
    I used to take meds but they made me sleep way too much. I've been doing fine without them for about 6 months. There are still my up and down days but i can deal with it. Bi polar FTW!!1

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Quote Originally Posted by McStabhappy
    I used to take meds but they made me sleep way too much. I've been doing fine without them for about 6 months. There are still my up and down days but i can deal with it. Bi polar FTW!!1
    Well done...one day I'm ditching mine!!!!

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234