Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why Should I Share Files?

Very Large Member
    I do my very best to help people but it seems like a lot of people are starting topics like this that are guaranteed to get peoples backs up.There really is no need in my opinion.
    As for the name calling,I will graciously ignore it as you do not know me and therefore cannot judge.
    Peace.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Hey man, I didn't say anything about I not sharing files. I got the answers that I was looking for. I thought there could be a hidden punishment for non-sharing users.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    Tormentor's Avatar Searching The People
    You better share cuz if everyone thaught the way u did there wouldnt be any files to download
    - Unleash The Power Of The Wii, Unlock It Today!
    http://www.castabet.net

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by jay973@19 April 2003 - 03:52
    I do my very best to help people but it seems like a lot of people are starting topics like this that are guaranteed to get peoples backs up.There really is no need in my opinion.
    As for the name calling,I will graciously ignore it as you do not know me and therefore cannot judge.
    Peace.
    ya they do and u fell for it hook line an sinker

it called a troll for a reasion

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Imagine you have a file that nobody else on kazaa has. If 5 people download off you, then there are 6 versions. 5 download off each version, then there are 36 versions. Etc, etc, etc

Filesharing helps people find files quickly, anytime, anyday, with many sources.

Besides, if somebody didn't share the file to you, you wouldn't have it in the first place.

Even a 56k modem is no excuse. just limit the bandwidth for uploads to half. If people can take time out to let you download off them, then why not return the favour. I'm sure 1/2 hour - 1 hour a night wont kill you.

I have a 56k modem and I let unlimited people upload off me. Last night I must have uploaded 15 MB. The sad thing was, when I went to search for the files, I could only find 10. So instead of other people downloading the files from mulitple sources, they had to rely on my 56k modem, and my being online.

There is no excuse for not sharing. If you don't want to share, then don't download. Simple.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    When are you people ever gonna learn? This type of Topic is here for ONE reason, and ONE reason ONLY.. its intended to be "flamebait" and shouldnt ever be replied to.

This type of post is rarely productive or constructive.. and usually escalates into a "flame war" in a very short time, that just seems to go on endlessly.

I wish the board mods or administrators would just close these things as soon as they see them. My opinion.

BTW: Happy Easter everyone.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Fatal Error@20 April 2003 - 14:36
    When are you people ever gonna learn? This type of Topic is here for ONE reason, and ONE reason ONLY.. its intended to be "flamebait" and shouldnt ever be replied to.

This type of post is rarely productive or constructive.. and usually escalates into a "flame war" in a very short time, that just seems to go on endlessly.

I wish the board mods or administrators would just close these things as soon as they see them. My opinion.

BTW: Happy Easter everyone.
    I could not agree more. I've been saying it long enough.

It's happening all the time now. There must have been a good few variations on this one thing in the last few days.

You then get someone else brand new agreeing with the original post. Particularly when it starts to get a bit quiet, starting the whole thing up again.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Check out this thread: Click HERE!

It's about the same topic, more or less. I didn't even want to reply to this one but... what the hey.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    you got ppl who r so stupid that they dont share !

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by Marthafocker2003@18 April 2003 - 20:32
    Im a broadband user who shares unlimited bandwith to unlimited users.
    Having 'unlimited' uploads going at one time is also a bad thing -- individually, they'll run at a horrid speed and disconnect all the time.

Even having 'only 10' uploads makes for very slow uploading due to the fighting over bandwidth issues. With 128kbps upload cap, which is semi-common on many low-end broadband connections, only about 100 kbps on average may actually be bytes of shared files sent to people. So that's about 10 kbps per upload (because 100 kbps / 10 uploads at once = 10 kbps). That's 1.25 KB/sec MAX upload speeds (or download speeds for those on the other end) -- I hope you're not sharing big files... it'd take over an hour to send out 5 MB mp3 files at that speed.

Leaving upload bandwidth limits set to unlimited is also bad, but not AS bad as too many uploads at once. If your connection is only rated for 128 kbps upload bandwidth, having it set to unlimited speed in Kazaa will just make uploads SLOWER due to connection overload, packet loss, and resends. Plus, your ISP may count the overloads and resends per second towards your max upload speed (further reducing the speed) and count against bandwidth limits per month, thus resulting in possibly a bigger monthly bill.

It helps to know what your connection can do, and almost all connections cannot upload as fast as their max download speed. The bandwidth is only shared in the case of a few strange connection types, but a tiny amount of upload bandwidth is needed to reply to active downloads 'send more info!'... if that (ACK) message cannot be sent due to upload connection overload, downloads can slow to a crawl despite plenty of download bandwidth being available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast