Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Should I Share Files?

jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Antallic@19 April 2003 - 00:49
    Honestly, on KaZaA Lite, why should I share the files I download? I know it is the nice thing to do, but will something differ if I don't share any files?
    If everyone think this way ... well you couldn't download !!

and kazaa - p2p is stopped.......

edit...
    oooh and you probably will go to hell... instead of heaven

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    It's well rude not to share, but if you is on a slow connection then i can underetand yout comlplaint...i get the feeling kazaa users forget that some or use have shite connections...all of you who have cable/T1 then remember what it was like to have modem....56K at that! so give us a break, we want to sharem but sharing means we can't download!

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by little_drunkard@21 April 2003 - 20:57
    It's well rude not to share, but if you is on a slow connection then i can underetand yout comlplaint...i get the feeling kazaa users forget that some or use have shite connections...all of you who have cable/T1 then remember what it was like to have modem....56K at that! so give us a break, we want to sharem but sharing means we can't download!
    Before giving up on sharing entirely, set uploads to only 1 and upload bandwidth to 24 kilobits (that's 3 KB/sec) and less than what most v.90 56k modems have as max upload speed -- assuming even decent phone lines.

A v.92 56k modem with good/great phone lines and ISP support might have 40-48 kilobits of upload bandwidth -- almost as much as it has download bandwidth! So it might be able to handle uploading at 32 kilobits (4 KB/sec) instead of 24.

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Poster
    It's a matter of principles.
    As the Going says: "Live and Let Live"
    So "Download and Let Download"

It's true, if everyone have mindset like yours, there' won't be Kazaa, because Kazaa is all about??1...2...3, SHARING!

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    My problem is the other way around. I changed to windows XP Pro from 98SE and now I cannot share. What can I do to correct this? All my files are still there but I am losing my former high rating. Where do I turn on the share feature?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123