Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Santa removed from Coke cans. Non-Christians find him "offensive."

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    So you watch FOXNEWS, eh?

I wonder if Gibson would mind if dear old Santa were merely relegated to the caffeine-free diet can?
    I watch a variety of news stations and even occasionally listen to the likes of Rush Limbaugh (mind you that's just for laughs).

To my own discredit I didn't bother reading the whole article when first posted, I wrongly assumed that the story was based on facts and not paranoia. Gibson added 2+2 and got anti Christian conspiracy theory as an answer.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    ...what does the real Santa have to say about this?
    Santa is seeking injunctive relief in the 9th Federal Circuit.

He doesn't stand a chance.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33

So you watch FOXNEWS, eh?

I wonder if Gibson would mind if dear old Santa were merely relegated to the caffeine-free diet can?
    I watch a variety of news stations and even occasionally listen to the likes of Rush Limbaugh (mind you that's just for laughs).

No wonder your reasoning is so scatter-shot.

To my own discredit I didn't bother reading the whole article when first posted, I wrongly assumed that the story was based on facts and not paranoia. Gibson added 2+2 and got anti Christian conspiracy theory as an answer.
    "Discredit" is right.

I have a creche in my yard; if anyone objects, it's just something I picked up at a yard-sale.

If I tell any offended neighbors it has no religious connotation to me, who are they to object?

If I meant nothing "Christian" by it's display, then no harm, I say...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god

"Discredit" is right.

I have a creche in my yard; if anyone objects, it's just something I picked up at a yard-sale.

If I tell any offended neighbors it has no religious connotation to me, who are they to object?

I'm sure you are trying to make a point here...I just wonder what it is

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35

"Discredit" is right.

I'm sure you are trying to make a point here...I just wonder what it is
    You're not the one Jerry warned me about, are you?

These sojourns aren't agreeing with you, vid.

Never take another one, do you hear me, young man?

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    If we put up plastic Santa's on our lawn, will the police confiscate it?
    And, what does the real Santa have to say about this?
    well, the way reporters at FoxNews and The Sun tell it (both owned by rupert murdoch, coincidentally i'm sure), the conspiracy against christmas will be along soon to confiscate it. the way these same people tell it, american christians are legally guaranteed santa and "merry christmas" everywhere they go, on everything they buy, etc etc from november 1st till december 26th. if you see a place that doesn't have merry christmas, you're being persecuted. and since christians are the majority, they should have their way not just 99% of the time but 100% of the time.

news flash: coke is not god and wal-mart is not a temple. they're not obligated to honor any holiday by its proper name. a lot of these companies are deciding "happy holidays," "season's greetings," and polar bears have the broadest appeal... and they've got a right to make that decision. if you feel "happy holidays" doesn't include christmas, then my condolences and enjoy your unhappy days of unholiness.

also: it's a fake controversy, it's a fake controversy, it's a F-A-K-E controversy. there will still be a christmas in december 2006, despite what the alarmists are predicting and no matter how many copies of john gibson's "omg christmas under attack" book that they manage to sell. btw, check out john gibson's book "omg christmas under attack." did i mention john gibson of FoxNews is peddling some book he wrote about "omg christmas under attack" for the low price of 25 dollars?
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 11-24-2005 at 06:13 AM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Now I'm not religious in any way or a racist either... but like it or not both the UK and the USA have always been Christian countrys and lately thanks to political correctness nearly all celebrations and traditions that came from Christian and Pagan and possibly others like christmas are being forced out because they offend the other religions.... did they before??? why didnt they say anything???

Now I'm not religious... infact I hate all religions as all they ever cause is arguments, hatred, bloodshed and war.... but I am against all of this.

The church bells in a town here has been banned from ringing because it offends the Muslim community however every morning you can hear them screaming as per their religion.... I dont know what it means or why they do it but I moved from there because it was irritating me scince I worked late and that was my bed time, I did complain however I just got called a racist for doing so (not kidding!!!).... and this is the problem they can get away with it because they can scream racism being the minority, but we cant because it just isn't seen as racism the other way around, but if one religion isn't allowed to make a noise so early then another shouldn't be able to make one even louder and earlier!!!.... aren't we supposed to be into equal rights after all... stop one, stop them all!!!! isn't that more equal???

This is either going to have to stop soon or the whole thing is just going to get even more stupid until we have another BIG religious war.... We are christian countrys and have been for a long, long time, if they wanted a country of their religion they should have stayed in their own countrys not come to ours and try to change them, ... I mean what the hell is going on... other religions have been here for decades and its only just started..... are the terroist attacks a diversion for them to convert our countrys???? it seems that the longer this war on terror happens the more we seem to give the people of their religion living here so they keep quiet, soon the only allowed religion will be Muslim!!!!

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeson
    Now I'm not religious in any way or a racist either... but like it or not both the UK and the USA have always been Christian countrys
    wrong. england is a christian country, the u.s.a. is a country in which the majority population happens to be christian.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    On the Intranet at work, they celebtrate every important day of every religion they come across.

They literally publish an article saying why the day is special, and to which groups of people.

Rather than trying to restrict religious or fun holidays, they try to include the staff in all of them.

To me, that is the way to go..

wrong. england is a christian country, the u.s.a. is a country in which the majority population happens to be christian.
    Even the most devout UK Christian (and there arent a lot of them) is an Agnostic compared to some of your lot though.
    Last edited by Rat Faced; 11-24-2005 at 09:24 AM.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    Even the most devout UK Christian (and there arent a lot of them) is an Agnostic compared to some of your lot though.
    that's the irony of the comparison, isn't it.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast