Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: 6600 GT vs X800 GT

  1. #1
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,644
    I'm getting a new system for Xmas and I'm down to deciding between a 6600 GT or a X800 GT.

    From my research, the X800 GT poons the 6600 GT in pretty much all benchmarks, but the X800 GT utilizes pixel shader V3.0 while the X800 GT only uses pixel shader V2.0.

    I'm just wondering...Does pixel shader Versions have a significant impact on how fast the X800 GT is going to be outdated? Right now the X800 GT looks like a better buy, but will it be 1,2,3 years from now?

  2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    of course..if you're thinking on the future...choose an vga card with pixelshader 3.0

  3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,616
    Quote Originally Posted by agwolff
    of course..if you're thinking on the future...choose an vga card with pixelshader 3.0

    -edit- oops I thought you had said AGP not VGA
    my bad

    and I have a 6600GT seedler, I wouldn't recommend it

    6600GTs are more in comp with X700s I'd say,
    so the X800 GT will most likely eat it alive
    Last edited by fkdup74; 11-25-2005 at 07:14 PM.

  4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,786
    yeah, according to what i read on Extreme overclocking, an x800gto is a better buy :/

    And they can be unlocked qo 16 pipelines.

    edt: i thought you meant he x800gto not the x800gt, oh well i can really comment on that , sorry ...
    Last edited by Formula1; 11-25-2005 at 11:38 PM.

  5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    3,588
    close race on these two cards as they almost perform identically, but the x800gt pulls a little more north than the 6600gt.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

    Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

  6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,644
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    close race on these two cards as they almost perform identically, but the x800gt pulls a little more north than the 6600gt.
    Yep, the x800gt kicks ass. And the 6600gt uses like 50 times more electrical power to run. It so bulky and overheats easily. Go ATI!

  7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Seedler
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. nails
    close race on these two cards as they almost perform identically, but the x800gt pulls a little more north than the 6600gt.
    Yep, the x800gt kicks ass. And the 6600gt uses like 50 times more electrical power to run. It so bulky and overheats easily. Go ATI!
    yeah, i've read alot about 6600gt overheating and problems with the fan. Also heard that its temps average at 50-60 C

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •