Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I record xbox gameplay???

cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel

Question Mark

For those that have seen episodes of Red Vs. Blue, you know what I'm talking about. Me and my friends are planning on making a halo movie for a school project, so simple enough I need to know:

1)How do I record off the xbox+tv?
    2)What do I need?
    3)How do I do it (basically number 1 again).
    4)And how do I get the recorded video onto my computer to edit it (what editing software is the best to put voiceovers onto)??

Thanks in advance, and yes I googled this and I coultn find too much (something about how halo2 broke record sales ) thanks again guys.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

2. Games   -   #2
    http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/Su...SubCategory=47

TV Tuner is what I use. Mine is kind of old but its the ATI TV Wonder VE.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Games   -   #3
    ok...so how exactly do i get it to work. like do I just plug xbox to tv and tv to computer/tv tuner? if thats it, then what software do u recommend (for editing/voiceovers/etc.)?

4. Games   -   #4
    bluekayaman
    who knows how to fix a corrupted dashboard on a xbox? if you know how tell me

5. Games   -   #5
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    You can plug the X-Box in directly to the TV Tuner. Some people prefer not to do this because there can be a delay in controller action and the screen. The alternative to that is to do what you said; plug the X-Box to the TV then use the A/V out connections to hook the TV to the TV tuner.

After you get your video use whatever video authoring software you prefer. Some people use Vegas, Virtual-dub, the list continues.
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pusher
    You can plug the X-Box in directly to the TV Tuner. Some people prefer not to do this because there can be a delay in controller action and the screen. The alternative to that is to do what you said; plug the X-Box to the TV then use the A/V out connections to hook the TV to the TV tuner.

After you get your video use whatever video authoring software you prefer. Some people use Vegas, Virtual-dub, the list continues.
    ok thanks will give it a shot tomorrow

7. Games   -   #7
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    sony vegas is pretty good. right balance of features and ease of use

8. Games   -   #8
    ok so heres what's going on right now: I recently bought a 32" widescreen LCD tv for my room, and lo and behold i can plug in the VGA cable from my comp . so what im thinking is, how can one "record" what's going on the tv screen (or is that just not possible?) considering the xbox is plugged into "AV1" and the computer is plugged into "VGA" (there 5 diff modes on this tv). what I'm saying is, there is also a mode for "output" so I was wondering if I can "output" what is going on in the TV (in this case Halo) to the computer monitor using either the VGA cable or the Svideo cable? Any ideas? I don't want to have to buy a tv tuner, that's my last option (which itll prob. come to ). thanks in advance guys.

9. Games   -   #9
    I have never had a tv that has had tv output There is no way your pc can play a tv signal without a tv tuner/converter.

You can get a component-to-usb converter if you dont feel like opening your case.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Games   -   #10
    pusher's Avatar The New Moral
    I agree with Singa. Just get a cheap usb tuner. Mine is an ATI TV Wonder USB and it's performed handily. I got it for 90 or so bucks. Hauppauge makes decent models (so I've read.)
    The color of this signature is really blue. If you see otherwise, please adjust your monitor settings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast