Thread: Release date of new dell systems?

Are there any new dell laptop series going to be released soon? I wanted to buy a 700m but was wondering if something similar was going to be coming out soon? Also are there any websites that release info like this where they talk about new developments and potential release dates?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    there's site called GOOGLE.

Friggin research before u post an idiotic question that can be answered on google in like 5min.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I did look and I couldnt find anything, at least you could tell me how to search if your not gonna tell me where it is....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Quote Originally Posted by hebronsb
    I did look and I couldnt find anything, at least you could tell me how to search if your not gonna tell me where it is....
    Read a google search FAQ, but I would search for
    dell laptop "release date" 2006, "dell laptop" "release date", "release date" new laptop, etc etc.

Just play around with the words a bit, and if u still get nothing, try using Google Answers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Why not use dell.myway.com to find your answers? You may as well get used to using it now, because once you get a new Dell you'll be using it every day. Nice ads they've got on there.

Don't bother thinking of changing your home page, or visiting any site without going through myway, because it is virtually impossible. It is also very difficult to remove this piece of spyware AskJeeves have conned them into installing.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I don't know why you're so concerned about a '05 or '06 model. Unless you're rich and want the latest and greatest, you're fighting a losing battle, for a new model is always around the corner. The best you can hope for is a six-month claim of newest gadget before something newer is released.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    My thought is more finding the right system in terms of specifications not just the latest and greatest. For instance I want a long battery life and thin and light with alot of storage. Ram and processing power are nice but not necessary. I just wdont want to buy a system and then have them come out with another one that meets my needs in these places better than the one I just bought.

I just went on the dell website and saw now they put in 100GB hard drives instead of 80 in the dell 700m. Its this kinda thing I dont wanna miss out on and I just wondered if they had press releases talking about when they would make such changes.

Still havent found much to help me with regard to what was just mentioned...

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    They are not likely to give the sort of advance info you are looking for.

The simple reason is that people would know that an improved model was about to become available, so they would stop buying existing stock or wait for the price to be reduced. That would be disastrous from a marketing viewpoint.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.