Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Got My Faster Comp Going! Sweetness It's So Fast!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@22 April 2003 - 08:51
    Yeah, to be honest, wolf your computer kinda sucks.........

Im running a

**Aquarius II Water cooled**
    2.9 celeron processor (overclocked of course)
    512 2700 DDR Ram
    WD 80Gb Caviar Edition Hard Drive
    Ti4400 128Mb Vid Card
    48x24x48 Lite-On CD-RW
    16X Lite-On DVD-Rom
    ASUS Motherboard

With a 6 piece set of Creative Labs Inspire6600 Speakers.

All thanks to NewEgg, with exception of the speakers, for less than most of those crappy Dell systems you see.
    Yea to be honest, we need to do benchmark tests. (Hey, slower AMD chips kicked faster Intel chips asses somehow. Search google if ya dont beilieve me)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@22 April 2003 - 23:50
    Yea to be honest, we need to do benchmark tests. (Hey, slower AMD chips kicked faster Intel chips asses somehow. Search google if ya dont beilieve me)
    Umm, I suppose that is true, but that could be based on Mhz only.
    i.e. a 2400+ AMD chip could be matched aginst a 2.0 P4 only because a 2400 runs at a 2000 Mhz. In that case of course the AMD would win.

But yes, do you have PC Mark perhaps? Im sure your familar with www.madonion.com just get the free version from there if you dont already have it.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    You guys / gurls are talking out of your arses !!!....I've been in the pc game longer than you can imagine..processor power is not the end all and be all, either are GFX cards....at the end of the day it depends on how YOU know your system works....money ain't everything chaps...lol....GROW UP

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Poster
    MINE IS THE FASTEST

AMD Athlon Classic (Slot A) 750
    512 SDram
    GF4 ti4200
    55gb hdd

well, at least it WAS 3 years ago

@prozac : given yr long exposure to gaming, you should know that processor/gfx/ram are THE issue when it comes to games.

at the end of the day it depends on how YOU know your system works
    i dun see how knowing how my systems works is going to solve my problem of a laggy UT2003 @ 1024*768
    the only solution i see is a new com with better specs, like wolf's ^_^

money ain't everything chaps...lol....GROW UP
    no, YOU grow up. stop beig such a passe.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Althon will live on!
    i know 1.2ghz can run about n e games except Doom3 and stuff right now.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    Poster
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@24 April 2003 - 20:28
    Althon will live on!
    i know 1.2ghz can run about n e games except Doom3 and stuff right now.
    my athlon 750 run doom3 at 4 fps
    so who says a 1.2 wun run it ? it'll just be a tad slow .. lol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Originally posted by amphoteric88@19 April 2003 - 05:48
    does your board have onboard lan?
    my board (asus a7n8x) has dual onboard lan and i had a little problem installing the drivers for my 3com LAN port, the drivers on the board driver cd don't seem to be correct. they must be though, cos i had it working before i formatted. any people had problems setting up their 3com lan port on their asus a7n8x?
    very nice comp by the way, the next thing i need to buy for mine is a new video card, i've still got a geforce3 ti200, it's kinda showing the rest of my system up 
    I have that exact same motherboard/gfx card. Haven't noticed the ti200 slowing me up though - its a decent card - make sure you have plenty of RAM and put the same amount into both channels to take advantage of the dual DDR on the motherboard.

I didnt have any problem with the onboard LAN - put in the driver cd, clicked a few buttons and hey presto....

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    i got the lan problem sorted. i made an educated choice as to what drivers to install (really a guess, but it worked ). sorry not to say.
    what cpu do you have fletch? i've got the 2700. i'm not really disappointed with performance, i can still run every game i have, but i just want a faster video card (probably a 9700).
    i only have one stick of ram (512MB Corsair XMS3500 (running at 333MHz 2-2-2-5)
    are you running two sticks of ram, and if so, do you think it's worth me buying another stick of ram (the same as my other one)?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345