Thread: Internet usage software

keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Anybody know of any handy apps that can monitor my dl/ul? I'm thinking of changing my isp and just wonder whats the min dl/ul limit I could get away with, I have a laptop on wireless via my modem router and my desktop plugged in via ethernet so would probably have to add the totals together from each pc after a couple of months of regular usage. I've tried du meter but that seems to only monitor either dial up or ethernet usage so gives me false totals cos it takes into account traffic between the router and between the laptop aswell, I've noticed that if I click my connection icon in windows I can see whats getting sent from my computer to the gateway and whats from the gateway to the internet so I guess I could just write down the total now and check it again later but it would be handy if this could be reset to Zero It would be even handier if some software would be able to tell the difference in totals from my laptop being connected my work network, is there such an app?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    BWMeter

Measures Internet bandwidth Up and Down, as well as LAN bandwidth, with personal filters you can set for yourself.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    NetLimiter also

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    Thanks very much both very neat apps and exactly what I'm looking for I'm gonna give the BWmeter a month trial first it looks a bit more user friendly for a technophobe like meself

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Gripper's Avatar Dexter's Apprentice.
    Netmeter,this one is freeware

All spelling mistakes and grammatical errors in my post's are intentional.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Thanx people, that BW metor is just the thing I wanted