Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mozilla Firefox 1.5

I tried clearing the history and the cache with no usefull effect.

The quote is from this interview when he was still Chairman and CEO.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    jdoggvt
    i'm a big fan of opera, but i've recently started using firefox just to see what they hype's all about... i have to say, the only thing I really like about firefox is the extension to allow internet explorer rendering, everything else seems like a slower more resource intensive version of opera.

not that I'm critisizing your choice of browser (cause i'm really not), but why do you guys prefer firefox to opera?

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    i have used opera for sometime and then one day i tried firefox just to see why it was so famous and the only thing that make me like firefox was the great amount of extensions and because it was faster than opera too, so i stayed with firefox

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by xpu
    i have used opera for sometime and then one day i tried firefox just to see why it was so famous and the only thing that make me like firefox was the great amount of extensions and because it was faster than opera too, so i stayed with firefox

I like both but was going to post a new thread called "Firefox 1.5 Stability Problems?" I read it today and this thread seemed like a better idea.

Story : http://www.informationweek.com/news/...leID=175007152

I guess I must be in the 60 % , it must be frustrating tho , to read about a new browser D/L it and have nothing but troubles that no one else seems to have .
    Last edited by peat moss; 12-21-2005 at 02:15 AM.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    jdoggvt
    oddly enough, my opera (with a million tabs open) takes up about 80Mb of memory. Firefox (with slightly less tabs) takes up over 200Mb. the only extensions I have are the mouse gestures one and some other to make it behave like opera. guess i'll wait and see since opera is free now which one turns out better in the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12