Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla Firefox 1.5

Retired

Arrow

Latest Changes:

* Automated update to streamline product upgrades
    * Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance
    * Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs
    * Improvements to popup blocking
    * Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut
    * Answers.com is added to the search engine list
    * Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and "Safe Mode" experience
    * Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the i
    * Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox
    * Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer
    * New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6
    * Many security enhancements

mozilla.org will be updated soon

Source: Betanews.com

Other languages
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 11-29-2005 at 07:52 PM.

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    not final, right?

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Its final

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    They've moved to mozilla.com.

I'm not upgrading till they release the Britlish version
    It's hot in Topeka.

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    I have been an avid supporter of FireFox...but 1.5 should of never been released until all the bugs were ironed out,there are to many issues happening with it(read there forums before you install it)..I tried to reinstall 1.07 but then I had problems with that,so to avoid any more conflicts I uninstalled FireFox and switched to Maxthon(I wanted the tab browsing)...I just don"t have the patience or time to try and make something work that has been tested and approved...Maxthon is not as secure as FireFox but at least it functions as it should.

UPDATE 12-01-05
    Well it bugged the hell out of me what the problem was...it seems some extensions cause a conflict with 1.5...I went into Firefox safe mode...this is NOT windows safe mode..to get to firefox safe mode you type the following into the "run" screen..C:\Program Files\Mozilla\Firefox SafeMode ...Firefox will then open as it was first installed...check the appropriate boxes (pic below) or continue in safe mode and delete your extensions one at a time untill you find the one causing the problem...in my case it was "Java Script"..all is back to normal now and it seems to be working fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mullyman; 12-01-2005 at 04:41 PM.
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    This version is very buggy...I agree! So does Anand:

http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=25419

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    The Firefox Bug:
    Turns out that the vulnerability code released Thursday isn't nearly as critical as initially made out, but Mozilla will have a patch available early in the new year anyway according to PC World It will just basically crash the browser if you visit a site coded to exploit the vulnerability.

Security research company Secunia Thursday gave the bug a rating of "not critical" in a report on its Web site. Schroepfer said it would be extremely rare for someone to visit a site that exploits the hole during a typical Web-browsing session. "You'd have to browse to a malicious site, one that someone spent the time to create to cause people harm," he said. "Then you'd have to browse there, and the next time your browser would take longer to start." Even if a user does encounter a malicious Web site that exploits the hole, clearing out the browser's history will remedy the problem.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    I'v been having some problems with firefox crashing reccently.

I exported my bookmarks, uninstalled firefox, deleted c:\program files\mozilla firefox, deleted C:\Documents and Settings\the_windows_username_im_using\Application Data\Mozilla, rebooted and reinstalled firefox 1.5

It hasn't crashed again, yet. I suspect there is some incompatibility between the files created by 1.0.x and 1.5

This resulted in the firefox not having a load of usernames and passwords stored anymore.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodiv
    I'v been having some problems with firefox crashing reccently.

I exported my bookmarks, uninstalled firefox, deleted c:\program files\mozilla firefox, deleted C:\Documents and Settings\the_windows_username_im_using\Application Data\Mozilla, rebooted and reinstalled firefox 1.5

It hasn't crashed again, yet. I suspect there is some incompatibility between the files created by 1.0.x and 1.5

This resulted in the firefox not having a load of usernames and passwords stored anymore.
    in that situation all u needed to do is empty ur history and u'd been fine. also, michael dell isn't the ceo anymore and hasn't been for a couple of years.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast