Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Next line of...

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    More importantly... Why are you asking? Is your current PC not working right?

If it's still ok then it's better to wait.
    Right now i run a really old computer that i had since 99 it still runs ok i cant play a lot of new games or i cant run apps and stuff is real slow. I want to buy another computer that will atleast last 4-5 years without outdating and im trying to figure out when its best to buy it.

Anyway if your curious my specs are pentium 3 450mhz with 300 and something ram with a 120gig hardrive(the only thing i upgraded).

So right now i get tempted by all these new games i cant play and all the other advanced stuff i cant do.anyways this is why
    That's despikable. I have a P3 - 800MHz with 512MB RAM that I use just for p2p.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    If it's games you want, just buy a whole new system. Prebuilt or Built from seperate parts (sometimes Prebuilt can save you money though, but building your own gives you a better choice of each and every part you could possibly want.)
    Right now, I'd say you could spend a good $550 on a new mobo with pci-express, a 64-bit cpu, a pci-express graphics card, and some $40 512MB DDR Ram (or 1gb to top it off).
    With that+your 120gb hd. You should be able to get some good speed. You may even be able to get a $300 graphics card, because the other parts cost less than $100 now of days.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by despikable

Right now i run a really old computer that i had since 99 it still runs ok i cant play a lot of new games or i cant run apps and stuff is real slow. I want to buy another computer that will atleast last 4-5 years without outdating and im trying to figure out when its best to buy it.

Anyway if your curious my specs are pentium 3 450mhz with 300 and something ram with a 120gig hardrive(the only thing i upgraded).

So right now i get tempted by all these new games i cant play and all the other advanced stuff i cant do.anyways this is why
    That's despikable. I have a P3 - 800MHz with 512MB RAM that I use just for p2p.
    Not that we use it, but we have an ancient Gateway 2000 100mhz with a 2gb HD, about 50mb or so RAM, 8mb Graphics Card, and a motherboard that is a monster! Dude, the graphics card is like half the size of the motherboard! Heh, it can barely run Windows 98.
    Here's some things that literally caused the system to almost freeze when we actually used it 10 years ago:
    Quicktime Movies, A.I.M, any 3D DirectX games, Audio CDs (took forever to load), and many more. I didn't know much about trading files on IRC at the time, but the hardrive was too damn small anyways. It was full all the damn time.

I think the monitor's refresh rate is around 50hz, but I'm not sure. All I know is that shit gives you a headache.
    Last edited by Wolfmight; 12-03-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12