Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Privacy Patch

Ge4orceOne's Avatar Member
    Well the ISP I'm with doesnt count upload amounts at all so i dont really care how much people get from me. Bit i do limit the amount of users that can download at once to 2 so the downloads they get from me are still a fairly decent speed.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    what isp are you with if you don't mind me asking

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    theyre some good points here... I share around 30 gbs of movies, but i dont let users see the files. In Denmark a lot of ppl get fined for sharing in kazaa, so im not gonna take the chance. Still as long as i am sharing i feel fine, users upload from me all the time, no prob there

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    I dpn't upload to be moral or anything, i'm uploading to make the system work.
    you shouldn't upload to prevent yourself from being cut off, you should do it, because if you don't fasttrack wouldn't work (if nobody would share).
    i only keep good stuff (stuff I like) on my HD, and I don't mind if other ppl get to enjoy all that too, and in fact it does make me feel good, when i got a new file from a newsgroup and all my slots are filled with users downloading that file.
    I presonally don't care about leeches, they can do what they want and I'm just going to stand with my naïve hope that most ppl downloading from me are sharing it when they're done.

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by Schmiggy_JK23@21 April 2003 - 11:09
    i guess starting off using IRC in the early years, before this all became so easy with p2p, has helped me in this stance... cuz people have, for years, and still do, provide the service on IRC for free, leeches and all...
    I've noticed that IRC is slowly being flooded with users due to Ircspy.com, packetnews.com, etc. I have also noticed that some IRC channels will give priority to those people who are serving files, and leechers sometimes get pushed to the end of the que. In the end, IRC is a different community, and it will survive as it has for years. In two years, there may not be a "kazaa", but I assure you, there will always be IRC. B)
    Proud member of MDS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123