maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    you said:

"This year, we're inVINCEable!"

2. Sports Club   -   #12
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by maebach
    you said:

"This year, we're inVINCEable!"
    Could he happen to be talking about VINCE Young, the Longhorns quarterback? Maybe?

3. Sports Club   -   #13
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    O, I didn't know.

4. Sports Club   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Yeah, I think I gotta go with Texas, too; Vince and the "D" will get it done.

Reggie Bush is incredible, though; he'll win the Heisman.

Vince spent too much 2nd-half time staying healthy.

Definitely the best clear matchup since the BCS began.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Sports Club   -   #15
    I hope Texas wins as everyone I work with will call in sick.

One of my collegues is a former starting quarterback for Texas, standing at about 6'6". He got the start when Applewhite got hurt.

He is a really nice guy normally, until we start talking football.

He has been a wee bit intense lately.

As a University of Missouri fan, I thought Brad Smith was the real deal, but after our massacre against Texas, I got a major shot of perspective.
    Last edited by hobbes; 12-08-2005 at 01:02 AM.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

6. Sports Club   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes

One of my collegues is a former starting quarterback for Texas, standing at about 6'6". He got the start when Applewhite got hurt.

As a University of Missouri fan, I thought Brad Smith was the real deal, but after our massacre against Texas, I got a major shot of perspective.
    He's lying his ass off to you. I'm Texas alumni, and I still live in Austin. Major Applewhite never had any serious injury and his replacment was Chris Simms who now starts for Tampa Bay.

yo

7. Sports Club   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo

He's lying his ass off to you. I'm Texas alumni, and I still live in Austin. Major Applewhite never had any serious injury and his replacment was Chris Simms who now starts for Tampa Bay.

Hobbes?

What will you do without your ass?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. Sports Club   -   #18

No, he is not lying, I checked out Mack Browns' site and found that he was on the first team Academic Big 12 in 1996,97, 98. He was Applewhites' roommate for a time. I'm not a Texas fan, so it may be that he was graduating as Applewhite was arriving. I should have referred to him as predominately a back up for 3 or 4 years, who did get A start his senior year. He got injured after only a few plays.

@J2,

I wish I could lie my ass off. I would then proceed to lie my love handles off. That completed I could stop this annoying jogging I do.

9. Sports Club   -   #19
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

No, he is not lying, I checked out Mack Browns' site and found that he was on the first team Academic Big 12 in 1996,97, 98. He was Applewhites' roommate for a time. I'm not a Texas fan, so it may be that he was graduating as Applewhite was arriving. I should have referred to him as predominately a back up for 3 or 4 years, who did get A start his senior year. He got injured after only a few plays.
    Well after a bit of research to refresh my own memory, I can't find anything to back you up. Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't add up.

He was graduating as Major Applewhite was arriving?? Were they or were they not "roommates for a time"?

Predominantly a backup for 3 to 4 years who got a start his seior year? Well, if he and "The Major" were roomies, then I would have to assume that the year was 1999, Major was a freshman and your buddy would have been a senior. They only starter for Texas that year was Major Applewhite. The prior year was the same, and James Brown started the years before.

What is the name of this mystery QB, and can he dispute the dates in some way if he is who he states he is?

yo

10. Sports Club   -   #20
    Well after a bit of research to refresh my own memory, I can't find anything to back you up. Sorry, but the timeline just doesn't add up.

He was graduating as Major Applewhite was arriving?? Were they or were they not "roommates for a time"?

Predominantly a backup for 3 to 4 years who got a start his seior year? Well, if he and "The Major" were roomies, then I would have to assume that the year was 1999, Major was a freshman and your buddy would have been a senior. They only starter for Texas that year was Major Applewhite. The prior year was the same, and James Brown started the years before.

What is the name of this mystery QB, and can he dispute the dates in some way if he is who he states he is?
    1998 #10

Give Ricky Williams a call, I'm sure he will vouch for him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast