Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Chatroom And The Atmosphere There

Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    The atmosphere in KLchat has deteriorated drastically the last few days.

People come in demanding an instant solution for their problems, if we can't give that they starts yelling, spamming or threatening to take the chat down.
    We don't mind helping people once in a while, but we can't keep it up like this. Conversation in main chat is no longer possible because of this. There are fights almost all the time.
    When we send people to the board they just ignore it and keep spamming/flooding.

I had a talk with some of the ops and most of the regulars. The majority agrees that something has to change.

I would like to ask all people that come in to the chatroom to keep it calm, nice and friendly.

For the moment we have 10(!&#33 bans on in the mainchat. The chat was there for entertainment originally, for those who like just a little bit more than you can get on the board. For the moment it's just one chaos with 40-50 people constantly in there....and I can assure you that not all of them are nice people....

Maybe people think this topic belongs better in the lounge, but since there is a link on the board AND in the new k-lite, I thought it fitted better in here.

I would like to hear your opinions on all this and possible solutions.

Thanks

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I agree skweeky, i was one of the first ppl in chat, but as soon as the link was put on the site and in the main program, ive tried to avoid it.

I do come in occasionaly now, but its either 50 ppl in there all arguing and trying to get there point accross, or there is 50 ppl in there and the room is dead, as far as i can tell its not often there is a happy medium.

Must admit i liked it better when there were just the select few, like the ones that post regularly on this forum, but now they seem to be coming from all over and IMHO its getting to be quite a mess.

anyway thats just my 2cents and good luck to you mods i think you will need it.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    Haven't been there for a while (damn work) but there was a good atmosphere when I was last there.
    Looks like I've been lucky and missed all the crap.

I agree with stoi about the link on the navigation bar of k-lite being the source of the problem.

Suggestions.

1 ) Form a new chatroom with just the regulars. This will break the link with the navigtion bar.
    2 ) Have the link to the new chatroom posted on this forum, and viewable only by members.
    3 ) Ask the develop team to remove the chat link from the k-lite navigation bar in the next build.

Best wishes.
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Smellycat:

yeah, we form rooms occasionally, because we need to discuss things, but it's a bit, I dunno, 'immoral' to make a chat and then leave it when it doesn't work anymore. I think there must be a better solution than that.

I also think that removing the link in the new k-lite might be a good thing......

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    Hi Skweeky,

My suggestion was a bit drastic.
    But I think as long as the link is there , you're going to get swamped.
    I think you should try and get the link remove from the next build.
    Once that's done, the "flood" should peter out.

Yep, I'm immoral. Bad to the bone.

Best wishes
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Going to agree on removing the link because another link is about to be removed.Check out this post.....

RIAA

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Poster
    Well, I'm back for the momment and since the chat room was where I invested most of my time I'm kinda disapointed. Last time I was here we where TRYING to get a link with the build now you guys want to take it down?

I haven't seen this change since I haven't been here but I'd like to think you guys can find a better way of handling it. We wanted the room to blow up for the longest time and now that it has you guys don't want it? You knew the ass holes would come with it but it's a price to pay. I'm sure you guys can figure something out without taking away it's main source of publicity.

- On a side not I'll be active again here shortly. -

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    ...we all invest our time in the chatroom XeroXed....if it can be handled another way, I'd really like that, but something has to change. It can't go on like this, people are staying away now...

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    I don't like what has happened to the chatroom but I am not in favor of removing the link from Kazaalite. It serves a purpose for the people using it now. We all knew that there was going to be this 'overflow' of new people. We had even made another room in preparation for it (#Kltops). It seems that now it's forgotten.

Anyway let the users of Kazaalite have the room and we can chat in another room too.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Poster
    What about a seperate room/link for any questions that need answered, or a disclaimer alongside the link that asks that people either PM an op with there problem or ask it in the forum.

Make it clear that it's not supposed to be a room for Q&A, hopefully that will at least help a little bit.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast