Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I really need a 64 mb video memory

Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone
    Okay i tried it and it worked like a charm , now i have 480RAM available , im thinking now about buying a video and graphics card
    A video card and graphics card are the same thing.
    Yeah. He wants one of each.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco

A video card and graphics card are the same thing.
    Yeah. He wants one of each.
    Might as well buy a CPU and a Processor while you're at it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    Okay i tried it and it worked like a charm , now i have 480RAM available , im thinking now about buying a video and graphics card
    My BAD I MENT Video card and ram , will a 1 gig ram card suffice , so in total ill have 1.480 gb of ram?
    Last edited by MasterChief117; 12-13-2005 at 03:18 AM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    You need to check if you've got any spare ram slots before you start buying more ram. If you haven't got any spare slots you will have to replace existing sticks with higher capacity ones. If you have got spare slots you need to check what memory type you've already got so that the extra ram is compatible.

Adding a gig (1024MB) will give you a total of 1504MB, you could safely put the other 32MB back on your shared graphics leaving you with 1472MB, or with a new graphics card you'll get the other 32MB back giving you 1536MB.

On the other hand, if an extra 32MB has made such a big difference you probably only need an extra 512MB.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    You need to check if you've got any spare ram slots before you start buying more ram. If you haven't got any spare slots you will have to replace existing sticks with higher capacity ones. If you have got spare slots you need to check what memory type you've already got so that the extra ram is compatible.

Adding a gig (1024MB) will give you a total of 1504MB, you could safely put the other 32MB back on your shared graphics leaving you with 1472MB, or with a new graphics card you'll get the other 32MB back giving you 1536MB.

On the other hand, if an extra 32MB has made such a big difference you probably only need an extra 512MB.
    Yea i have an extra slot , i rember i downloed this program and it showed everything about my computers hardware and it showed i have 2 slots of i dont rember i think it was pci ddr if there is such a thing , ill have to check again , but yea , i have an amd atalon 3000+ 2.16 ghz and so if i put more 1 gig of ram in will it run a tad bit faster?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...420n&submit=Go thats the low down on my computers slots + how much memory it can handle , i have an amd atalon 3000+ 2.16 ghz and so if i put more 1 gig of ram in will it run a tad bit faster?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listpar...420n&submit=Go thats the low down on my computers slots + how much memory it can handle , i have an amd atalon 3000+ 2.16 ghz and so if i put more 1 gig of ram in will it run a tad bit faster?
    Mostly for memory intensive applications, such as today's 3D games or video editing software such as Premiere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12