Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help connecting/configuring Sweex Broadband Router

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by tralalala
    the router is connected to my PC, and it (my PC) connects fine to the internet. Thing is - any other PC I connect simply doesn't seem to "want" to connect through the router..
    And what does that mean?

Do the computers get IP adresses? Can you see other computers on your network? Does internet ocnnection work?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    The PC's say that the router is connected, but the internet doesn't work on them, and can you please explain what you meant by if I can access the router through the local IP address..??

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Simply, can you log into you router? That's where you will need to probably make adjustments. If what lynx mentioned, is the right log in address,then just type it into your IE , then you should access the log-in page of your router. Often the log in password is admin or epicrouter...or something
    Last edited by thewizeard; 12-08-2005 at 04:57 PM.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel123
    Simply, can you log into you router? That's where you will need to probably make adjustments. If what lynx mentioned, is the right log in address,then just type it into your IE , then you should access the log-in page of your router. Often the log in password is admin or epicrouter...or something
    Hey, have you been logging in to my router?

Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Yes, I was using the "or something" password. ..you, of all people, should have realised, that that one was far too easy to guess.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    Yes I can access it, and my computing mate fiddled with the settings there forever and we still couldn't get it to work..

Phoned my ISP to see if they support it and they were no use. I think I'll just phone up the place I got the router from and as them if they can be of any help..

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    maybe you can get someone to remotely log in and set it up for you...I have downloaded the manual..and it seems quite straight forward..just need to know the ip addresses from your computers and what applications (ports) are needed..lynx seems to know how...and is presumably trustworthy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12