Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Soulseek Users Beware....

porkshit
    Originally posted by the_faceman@26 April 2003 - 19:08
    lol, not another one...jeez.....go here

It's Amazing That Some People Think That Sharing Copyrighted Music Is Legal.....
    haha faceman i know its incredible

2. Music   -   #42
    can the RIAA close down my soulseek connection? i've been on soulseek before, but now it always says that it cannot connect to the server, but when i check the server status on soulseek homepage, it says that the server is up and running...

3. Music   -   #43
    oops... sry i just went back to the soulseek homepage and realized that i didnt have the latest version it works now... sry about this.

4. Music   -   #44
    Poster
    0 blocks in 10 hours or something, do they pick random persons? some people have over 1000 blocks

5. Music   -   #45
    Poster
    Sometimes i can go for days without getting a connection closed and then all of a sudden i will get a few hits in an hour or so.Guess they sort of come in waves.I had a couple of hits yesterday but went for 3 days without any hits before then.

chloe_cc2002 Posted on 27 April 2003 - 01:30
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    my freind was downloading some music from a user and clicked into his shared folder to download some songs from him next thing he had about 200,000 songs in his downloads games application all sorts were downloading into his shared folder and when you delteted them they just kept coming back, i had to manually delete all the songs and programs which took over an hour to get rid, he had no viruses and does have a firewall to. very strange.

?????????

Can this be accidental or are you suggesting that this might have been by way of design?
    I have done this by accident before too.Had a few thousand to delete and took me hours...
    The problem is when you do a search, if someone hasn't got their mp3's in folders and you click on a few files to download.Rather then just download the files you want it downloads their entire folder.Just be weary of this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345