Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Soulseek Users Beware....

Poster
    Yesterday it was bought to my attention by a member on soulseek who reported that they had a connection forcefully closed on soulseek from the RIAA.

I was going to post a warning yesterday but decided to wait and see what happens as i always use Peer Guardian.

Well today about an hour ago i had a connection forcefully closed from Warner Music Group.This is this first i have had a connection forefully closed since i started using soulseek.

It looks like the anti piracy wa**ers are now targetting soulseek,so if any of our members dont already do so i highly recommend getting Peer Guardian and getting your bad IP's updated regularly.

You can get the latest version here...this version nows supports updating bad IP's by PGDAT,this is similar to sig2dat in that you just click on a range and this is added to your Peer Guardian.

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    what is having a connection forcefully closed?

3. Music   -   #3
    Why do you think the thread was put in the members section?For this exact reason.Some of us was very worryed about this happening.Reason the room is called what it is.

The RIAA is here and watching...have always said that.But now look at the number of members we have.

Somebody said it before(will not mention his name) and I will repeat it.SoulSeek will not last long for a simple reason....they have something that the RIAA wants.

Enjoy it while you can.....we will go someplace else when it is gone.....really no biggie.

But the next time for sure we or should I say he,will not be posting about where we are on this forum.

4. Music   -   #4
    also beware when using soulseek

my freind was downloading some music from a user and clicked into his shared folder to download some songs from him next thing he had about 200,000 songs in his downloads games application all sorts were downloading into his shared folder and when you delteted them they just kept coming back, i had to manually delete all the songs and programs which took over an hour to get rid, he had no viruses and does have a firewall to. very strange.

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"@20 April 2003 - 02:51
    what is having a connection forcefully closed?
    It is Peer Guardians way of blocking an attempt from one of the bad IP's in its list.

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    i done wat nemo said and i have had about 30 blocks in about 1 hr!! all riaa! i highly recomend this to every 1
    ice ice baby

7. Music   -   #7
    smellycat's Avatar Egalitarian BT Rep: +3
    I only installed it yesterday. Since then I had 30 yesterday and about 12 today.

Wasn't sure they were false alarms until I read this thread.

If you haven't got it then Get Off your arse and download it!!
    All my invites I give freely.

File sharing and invite sharing
    File trading and invite trading

8. Music   -   #8
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    Hmm - i'm a SS user

No idea how serious this is and im usually very cautious about taking stuff like this seriously anyway. But just to be on the safe side, i have added those zones to my firewall - i dont use PG - but it was easy enough. Lets see if i get any of these - hits - then i shall report back.

If it turns out to be true - then great work N£MO and THX

Allways be VERY carefull who you add in SS - these days most of you have been too easy accepting anyone who just asks - i dont - and i get hammered for it - now im gonna hammer back. In other words my Buddies list is gonna get cleaned out - from now on yas all gonna have to prove your worth

Only those i have been dealing with from this forum for a long time are gonna stay on it untill otherwise noted !!

Allways use a firewall anyway folks - if ya dont, then ya asking for it anyway

Peace
    UKMan

9. Music   -   #9
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster
    Having had a stupid amount of blocks by PeerGuardian this morning I'm going to take the same view as UKMan, and remove people from my list in SoulSeek untill i can confirm who they are.
    It did prompt me to make sure all my servers, firewall (that had logged some things too :'( ) etc are upto date and properly configured though, now what the heck were those ports i had open

10. Music   -   #10
    porkshit
    Originally posted by N£MO@19 April 2003 - 20:43
    You can get the latest version here
    the link works sends me to the site but when itry to d/l PG it gives me that file not found bullshit. anybody know where else to get it??

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast