Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building a new computer -from the ground up

Hello Everybody,

I googled my old user name adamp2p and found this old forum; I thought perhaps it was dead. I had been too busy going to school (I attend UCSD now) and starting my smart drug/life extension business to play with computers for a good while, so I am out of touch with the latest and greatest hardware.

But I see virtuabody1234, clocker, and good ol' abu around so I thought I might inquire if I am going to be building a new computer from the ground up starting mid January 2006, what should I get with ~$1,000 USD?

Thanks, and my website is in my signature. Maybe I could pay Virtualbody1234 to make my logos a little bit better for my forum and my webstore.
    Last edited by adamp2p; 12-09-2005 at 05:58 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Hey adam!!! Welcome back. I wondered where you had gone.

What is the main tasks that your new computer will be used for?

About the website, you don't seem to have a signature right now.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    yeah wheres your signature

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Hey Virtualbody and everybody else. I like this forum software, it is really nice. I went with IPB because they have been around forever and figured they would not lose my files.

My next computer is not for gaming, as I am not playing games anymore, but I want a high performance machine. I really liked my [email protected] with hyperthreading, it was very responsive. But some punk kid destroyed it.

I am going to UCSD now (in San Diego, CA), so I need a laptop too, but we all know how much better desktops are for high performance; I need a reliable, fast machine. I am thinking Athlon64.

I told the settings that what my signature is, I don't know why it is not displayed.

All of these URLs re-direct to:
    www.nootropics.ipbhost.com

But here are my websites' urls:

www.nootropikreations.com
    www.nootropicreations.com
    www.le-creations.com
    www.lifeextensioncreations.com

Basically I sell smart drugs and life-extension/enhancement/brain repair drugs. Well, I was actually put out of business June 21, 2005 by the Food and Drug branch of the State of California; but all of the products that were embargoed I am gettinig back, I am just awaiting a call from one of the investigators whom embargoed my products to release them to a cGMP processing facility, where they will be bottled and sealed; then sent to my brother (who's next job is at Harvard studying Herpesviruses, his passion) who will be shipping out my orders for me because my parents and loved ones want me to focus on getting my degree...

My webstore is:

link removed
    No one can place orders yet, like I said, I am waiting for my products to be released from embargo. I was threatened with $9,000 worth of fines and 9 years in jail, but was not given any fines or jail time.

Anyways, I need a new computer and I have been out of the high performance computer loop for quite a while as these charges and being out of business gave me extreme anxiety and I have been out of school since fall quarter 2004, so I am returning to SD to be a part time student, so I need a desktop that rocks...like I said, I think Athlon64 is the way to go, right?
    Last edited by lynx; 12-09-2005 at 11:27 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    Sorry adam, you know the rules on commercial links, I've had to remove the link to your shop (even though it isn't trading atm).

Nice to see you back though.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    welcome back

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    The computer I want to build will only be used for my everyday tasks; which include school work and my other mundane everyday computer activities; however, I like a fast, responsive computer that boots quick and can handle running several applications at the same time; and if I decide that I want to play games again or use memory and cpu hog programs I want it to be there for me...I'll look around a bit at the hardware sites and come up with something, bounce it off of you guys, and maybe hear some feedback...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Hey adamp2p welcome back , just a few days ago I was wondering what happened to you (and some other members I was remembering), and now you're posting again.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Hey adamp2p welcome back , just a few days ago I was wondering what happened to you (and some other members I was remembering), and now you're posting again.
    Thanks for the wecome back! I remember back when I was posting here all of the time, your name was rossco2004, right? Did you change your name a little bit?

Anyways, I have not kept up to date on the latest in the computer hardware industry. The last time I was posting here frequently, I was enthusiastic about graphics cards; but since then I have pretty much given up gaming; but that does not mean I have given up computing and all that it entails, advances in technology have always thrilled me. They allow us to accomplish more with less.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Sorry adam, you know the rules on commercial links, I've had to remove the link to your shop (even though it isn't trading atm).

Nice to see you back though.
    Hello lynx. No, I was unaware of the rules on commercial links. Sorry about that; I was just trying to show you guys what I have been up to recently. I won't do it again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast