Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandrake

How do i install Linux after i download all the disks from these sites?

http://www.linuxiso.org/viewmirrors.php/464 (Disk 1)
    http://www.linuxiso.org/viewmirrors.php/465 (Disk 2)
    http://www.linuxiso.org/viewmirrors.php/466 (Disk 3)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    well it was a disaster I am never trying something that stupid without making a full copy of my harddrive first.
    I am now on a reinstalled windows xp(I lost alot of great stuff )and still no linux
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    I HATE MANDRAKE
    yes I know its suppossed to be easy and user friendly but it didn't work for me.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    wow... thats weird! did you make a partition and everything? maybe you should have defraged your hd first, incase there were files in fragments that got destroyed... I had no problem with linux!!! it works great on my comp... i'm still getting used to it, but i think its great!

btw i got my internet working if anyone wanted to know

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    I did defrag,scandisk,and a 3gig partition for linux.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    uh i dont know!!!

i have mandrake on its own partition, and a completely separate hdd from my windows, and i've had no troubles (other than getting my internet working, but my isp straitened that out)... i really don't know how i could help you, since mandrake works fine on my pc!

the only thing i want more right now... is the 17" powerbook!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    HEY.. "The avatar man" ( and everyone else that wants to piss about with linux)

lemme guess....you made the linux partition ( you actually need 3 of them to make it work properly !&#33..bigger than the free space you had on your drive....(which was FAT 32...cos it cant format NTFS).....and it wiped a wee corner of your windows install ??........I'm just having a shot in the dark here....but I've seen it happen... A WARNING TO ALL, don't f***k with it unless u have a rough idea what you are doing.....DOS cant save you....im goin to bed now...rant over

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Originally posted by Prozac@23 April 2003 - 04:28
    HEY.. "The avatar man" ( and everyone else that wants to piss about with linux)

lemme guess....you made the linux partition ( you actually need 3 of them to make it work properly !&#33..bigger than the free space you had on your drive....(which was FAT 32...cos it cant format NTFS)
    nope it was only 3 out of 15 free spave gigs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12