Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm bored....

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    i wish i had a job
    Only people who don't have them wish that.

I wish I'd win the lottery.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Quote Originally Posted by suprafreak6
    i wish i had a job
    Only people who don't have them wish that.

I wish I'd win the lottery.
    That's really true but I still like my job.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    My BlackIceExtreme 3 radiator showed up yesterday.
    Damaged.
    Although advertised as "perfect" it arrived with one fan (which, for some bizarre reason, he left attached to the rad) broken and the mount on the rad dented and (potentially) unusable. The broken piece is not in the box so I suspect this was damaged before it was packed.
    No barbs were included (they were in the picture though) and the whole assembly (including the fans!) was wet with undrained coolant.
    I have contacted the seller but no response as yet.

I'm pissed.
    In 30 trades/deals through forum classifieds this is only the third time I've been unhappy...once I got outright screwed on a Raptor, once I got humourously (and cheaply) taken on a set of molex tools, now this.
    To be fair, the seller will get a day to respond to my complaint, after that we'll see.

I think the rad would be useable with a bit of tweaking but I'm not touching it till we resolve the problems.

This is even more irritating since I have to pull Sprocket's current heatercore out immediately as it goes into the Silverstone case I've sold and I won't screw that buyer over because of my misfortune. I do have other rads I can cobble in but it's a real PITA to make and break a waterloop more often than necessary.

*sigh*

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I hope you get at least part of your money back.

Then you can fix it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    The seller has offered a substantial refund...essentially I'm just paying for shipping now. I'm pretty sure that the damage is only cosmetic and can be acceptably repaired.
    I already ordered a new Thermochill PA 120.3 rad anyway.
    Jointly designed by Marci and Cathar, it is specifically designed for use with low-CFM (hence, quiet) fans in mind and theoretically provides superior performance over previous PC rads.
    We'll see.

On a happier note, my Innovatek kit arrived yesterday.
    Properly packaged and undamaged thankfully.
    Here are the three main components...

The reservoir plugs directly onto the intake of the Ehiem 1048 pump.
    The rad is meant to run passively and is the main reason I bought this...it should integrate with the g5 case very nicely.

Now I just need to spec out some internals for the Apple project and get going...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    And yet more crap...

Stop me!
    This is a sickness.

This last buy is sorta weird.
    A week ago I entered into a discussion at bit-tech about HDD watercooling.
    If you read it you'll note that I was playing Devil's advocate re the efficacy of doing such a setup, but really, none of us had any real data to support our theories.
    So I opened a thread at ProCooling to see if the gurus there had anything of real substance to offer. Not really, as it turns out.
    Then, completely out of the blue, this DD setup shows up on the [H]classifieds and I figured, why not?
    Two IMs worth of bargaining and viola! it's mine.

Since I've narrowed my focus to cooling over the past two years or so I've noticed a real dearth of useable, practical information about the subject.
    Obviously, it difficult to make sweeping generalizations as every PC presents unique conditions/opportunities so I've been forced to explore on my own with only general guidelines as a reference. That's why I favor pictures as the preferred method of communication- it's a lot easier to see similarities and improvements visually than from a bewildering mass of numbers.
    Just try to figure out anything from the ivory tower debates at ProCooling and you'll see what I mean.

Fortunately, the TJ06 sale gave me some extra disposable income at a very propitious time.
    Forum classifieds abound with great deals as folks try to hustle some Christmas cash and for a change, I'm ready to jump on them.

I'm going to make a prediction now....
    Rumor has it that the next major platform shift will be AMD's switch to sAM2 this spring.
    Around June or so I'll bet that all sorts of killer deals on s939 CPUs, motherboards and DDR ram (sAM2 uses DDR2) will flood the market as the rabid "early adopter" crowd jumps off the cliff onto the new platform.
    If you are considering an upgrade this might be the timeframe to consider.

You read it here first...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    ...Stop me!
    This is a sickness...
    I can't do much but the only solution would be complete abstinence. One day at a time.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    What, no 12 steps?

Just stop?

I don't think so.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    I'm going to make a prediction now....
    Rumor has it that the next major platform shift will be AMD's switch to sAM2 this spring.
    Around June or so I'll bet that all sorts of killer deals on s939 CPUs, motherboards and DDR ram (sAM2 uses DDR2) will flood the market as the rabid "early adopter" crowd jumps off the cliff onto the new platform.
    If you are considering an upgrade this might be the timeframe to consider.

You read it here first...
    well thank u for some good news, the 3000 and 3200 both jumped back up in price on newegg. of course it only furthers my wish to get a 3500 or maybe even a dual core(friend of mine made that a new thought). hope ur "prediction" is true and i snag a nice deal as the taxman comes knocking with my money!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast