Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: why, australia? why?

  1. #1
    first they keep sending drug-smugglers into asian countries and making a big controversy out of it when these smugglers are caught and subject to the laws & punishments of those countries. very arrogant stuff, this attitude of "oh fuck you and your country's laws, now send 'em back home with a slap on the wrist you savages." embarrassing to the aussie gov't too, when the prime minister makes statements like this (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1444634.htm) yet he's forced by public sentiment to backpeddle & make pleas for mercy on behalf of drug-smugglers.

    perhaps i'm naive, but i favor the idea that people should obey the laws of whatever land they go to, and accept the consequences of breaking 'em... or else do not go there. and quit looking down upon the third world as a mere annex of the west (+better weather, +easier drugs, +easier sex) and crying foul ("corrupt asian courts") when tourists get caught breaking the laws and don't receive lighter punishments than the locals do.

    so, there's that. and there's this: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...235951620.html

    racist riots??? wtf, australia. i understand that every country in the world is not necessarily as progressive and peaceful as every other country, we all go at a different pace and in different directions. still, as relatively unenlightened as america supposedly is at the current moment (even if we're only to compare with other western, first world, english-speaking countries)... at least it's been a little while since we've had riots against racial minorities.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 12-13-2005 at 05:25 AM.

  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    is everything.
    Age
    40
    Posts
    19,023
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    so, there's that. and there's this: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...235951620.html

    racist riots??? wtf, australia. i understand that every country in the world is not necessarily as progressive and peaceful as every other country, we all go at a different pace and in different directions. still, as relatively unenlightened as america supposedly is at the current moment (even if we're only to compare with other western, first world, english-speaking countries)... at least it's been a little while since we've had riots against racial minorities.
    Just like Romper Stomper...well, actually in that film the racist Aussies get a kicking.

    So, Australia is a bit backwards. Isn't Russell Crowe their leader? No wonder they're all mental.

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Over here!
    Posts
    19,631
    Isn't it about this time of year they all go round setting fire to the bush?

  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    I thought the film footage of a fat guy holding a beer yelling "this is our country, you are not wanted here, get the hell out!" was rather funny. He seemed to be way to light skinned to be an aboriginal, looked white to me.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    first they keep sending drug-smugglers into asian countries and making a big controversy out of it when these smugglers are caught and subject to the laws & punishments of those countries. very arrogant stuff, this attitude of "oh fuck you and your country's laws, now send 'em back home with a slap on the wrist you savages." embarrassing to the aussie gov't too, when the prime minister makes statements like this (http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...8/s1444634.htm) yet he's forced by public sentiment to backpeddle & make pleas for mercy on behalf of drug-smugglers.

    perhaps i'm naive, but i favor the idea that people should obey the laws of whatever land they go to, and accept the consequences of breaking 'em... or else do not go there. and quit looking down upon the third world as a mere annex of the west (+better weather, +easier drugs, +easier sex) and crying foul ("corrupt asian courts") when tourists get caught breaking the laws and don't receive lighter punishments than the locals do.

    so, there's that. and there's this: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2005/...235951620.html

    racist riots??? wtf, australia. i understand that every country in the world is not necessarily as progressive and peaceful as every other country, we all go at a different pace and in different directions. still, as relatively unenlightened as america supposedly is at the current moment (even if we're only to compare with other western, first world, english-speaking countries)... at least it's been a little while since we've had riots against racial minorities.
    Hell overt racism goes on in soccer games in Europe where each time a black player gets the ball they do monkey chants and even throw bananas on the field.

    No matter how much America fucks up, that doesn't change what's fucked up in other countries. Many other countries are 30+ years behind us in that overt racism department.

    I do think it's hilarious that a white person is screaming for an aborigine to GTFO.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-13-2005 at 03:17 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I do think it's hilarious that a white person is screaming for an aborigine to GTFO.
    You do know that they are rioting over Middle Easterners right, not native Australians....

    More races than just black and white....

  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I do think it's hilarious that a white person is screaming for an aborigine to GTFO.
    You do know that they are rioting over Middle Easterners right, not native Australians....

    More races than just black and white....
    Yes. I just made a blanket statement regarding aborigines.

    I read about the riots on the way to work . The racism heightened after 9-11 and the Bali bombings.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yes. I just made a blanket statement regarding aborigines.
    Why? What was the use?

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Yes. I just made a blanket statement regarding aborigines.
    Why? What was the use?
    I've heard of statements made to that effect in Australia. Similar to the same statements in America regarding blacks where back in the day, they were supposed to GTFO when in fact they were brought there by whites.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    1,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

    Why? What was the use?
    I've heard of statements made to that effect in Australia. Similar to the same statements in America regarding blacks where back in the day, they were supposed to GTFO when in fact they were brought there by whites.
    What does this riot have to do with blacks? Black people are not the only people ever to be oppressed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •