Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Of You?

Poster
    Actually knew who 50 Cent was before he signed to Shady/Aftermath? plz no posers but u real ppl who knew who he was and thought he was good back in the day. to tell u the truth i think his first album is the best out of all them Power Of the Dollar cuz How To Rob Ghetto Qu'ran and Corner Bodega even tho it was short were tight also from Guess Whose Back the song Be A Gentleman was tight

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster
    To be honest with you i havnt heard much early stuff from 50 cent,thought his latest album was average so havnt been tempted to listen to anymore of his stuff.

IMO he is over rated and not that good a rapper anyway,and he talks alot of bull....heard him flame a couple of rappers in some of his tunes and this is just a way to cause controversy and sell more records.Not something you need to do if you have confidence in your music....

In one of his interview he states that if he dont make it big as a rap artist that he will go back to selling crack on the streets,now that is a good positive role model for kids.

3. Music   -   #3
    Poster
    Originally posted by N£MO@20 April 2003 - 10:32

IMO he is over rated
    yeah and over exposed

4. Music   -   #4
    Poster
    first off if your gonna post about a rapper and complain about something makesure u got facts one he is not famling rappers who did not do nuthing to him. hes flaming pathetic pop tart queer rappers in Murder Inc cuz they have had previos problems in the past in which he got screwed. Second how is he overated? hes real being real and that making u popular is not over rated. how many artist that u know have been shot 9 times and lived? most of the rappers today are teenie bopppers like Cash money and Nelly P Diddy and that. Murder Inc considers themselves rap when all they are putting out is R n B PLZ if ur gonna say a rapper is over rated be truthful and only say that about rappers who are over rated

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    and as for sellin crack u do what u gotta do. sorry but not all of us are raised in a nice Mr Rogers neighboor hood. i been shot at i've sold drugs. am i a bad person for that i guess fi ur rich preppy who dont understand my lifestyle yeah i guess to u i am. but to ppl who really see the world im only doing what i gotta do. same as him and simply put if u dont like him why do u bother keeping his name in ur mouth? no ones forcing u to speak his name.

6. Music   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by Pitbul@20 April 2003 - 10:41
    how many artist that u know have been shot 9 times and lived?
    what does this have to with his rapping skills?

7. Music   -   #7
    Originally posted by Pitbul@20 April 2003 - 10:44
    and as for sellin crack u do what u gotta do. sorry but not all of us are raised in a nice Mr Rogers neighboor hood. i been shot at i've sold drugs. am i a bad person for that i guess fi ur rich preppy who dont understand my lifestyle yeah i guess to u i am. but to ppl who really see the world im only doing what i gotta do. same as him and simply put if u dont like him why do u bother keeping his name in ur mouth? no ones forcing u to speak his name.
    Don't take the piss Pitbul!! Selling "rock" is not something to be proud of or wear as some kind of "I'm Keeping It Real" badge. Are you a bad person for selling drugs on the street? YES!! Get a fuc king job and work for your money, become a positive role model for your friends and family. I don't want to sound high and mighty, but I have been caught between a "rock" and a hard place myself so I can speak from experience. Get yourself a job and education Pitbul, then you can stop selling for good.

Peace.
    Signature removed

8. Music   -   #8
    lol, people need to stop taking music so serious. It's entertainment, that's all it is. It's not a way of life. People don't need to have experienced everything in life to make good music.

Why should people care about anything other than the quality of the music. If people think that a band's quality goes downhill as soon as they sign to a major label, which it sometimes does as they try to please a wider audience (to make more money), then all they have to do is find the next so-called-quality "underground" band.

When people start talking about how they listened to a band or artist when "they kept it real" or "before they sold-out" or "before MTV latched onto them" i think they are desperately trying their best to show they have good taste in music etc. You gotta remember, some people only have the like's of MTV to let them know what is new on the scene etc. You can't hate people just because they realised a band existed when MTV played some of their stuff, and the viewer decided they liked it.

You have two extremes - the people that watch mtv or read kerrang magazine and go, this must be cool cos it's on mtv, so i'll listen to it. Some of this music is really good, and that is why it is popular. some of it is popular even though it is crap because it is marketed at the right group of people.

Then you have the people that avoid listening to anything considered "mainstream" or "pop" because it is "lame" and they then try to find music from bands that no-one has heard of before. Some of this music is also very good, but some of it is largely unknown because of the fact that it is crap.

People should stop trying to be cool or whatever, and try basing what you consider good on whatever you enjoy. If you restrict yourself to one of the two extremes i mentioned earlier, you're gonna miss a lot of quality music either way.

basically
    stuff on mtv etc can be good.
    stuff by less well known artists or bands can also be good.

the end. i'm sure this will get flamed, but only by people that are angry because they know it's true.

9. Music   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by the_faceman@20 April 2003 - 17:59
    lol, people need to stop taking music so serious. It's entertainment, that's all it is. It's not a way of life. People don't need to have experienced everything in life to make good music.

Why should people care about anything other than the quality of the music. If people think that a band's quality goes downhill as soon as they sign to a major label, which it sometimes does as they try to please a wider audience (to make more money), then all they have to do is find the next so-called-quality "underground" band.

When people start talking about how they listened to a band or artist when "they kept it real" or "before they sold-out" or "before MTV latched onto them" i think they are desperately trying their best to show they have good taste in music etc. You gotta remember, some people only have the like's of MTV to let them know what is new on the scene etc. You can't hate people just because they realised a band existed when MTV played some of their stuff, and the viewer decided they liked it.

You have two extremes - the people that watch mtv or read kerrang magazine and go, this must be cool cos it's on mtv, so i'll listen to it. Some of this music is really good, and that is why it is popular. some of it is popular even though it is crap because it is marketed at the right group of people.

Then you have the people that avoid listening to anything considered "mainstream" or "pop" because it is "lame" and they then try to find music from bands that no-one has heard of before. Some of this music is also very good, but some of it is largely unknown because of the fact that it is crap.

People should stop trying to be cool or whatever, and try basing what you consider good on whatever you enjoy. If you restrict yourself to one of the two extremes i mentioned earlier, you're gonna miss a lot of quality music either way.

basically
    stuff on mtv etc can be good.
    stuff by less well known artists or bands can also be good.

the end. i'm sure this will get flamed, but only by people that are angry because they know it's true.
    lol perfectly put
    I know someone like that.
    he says that if you aint underground or if you like any mainstream you ain't one of the "cool people"
    how pathetic

10. Music   -   #10
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by soopaman@20 April 2003 - 07:22
    Are you a bad person for selling drugs on the street?  YES!! Get a fucking job and work for your money, become a positive role model for your friends and family. I don't want to sound high and mighty, but I have been caught between a "rock" and a hard place myself so I can speak from experience.
    Now who would supply pot smokers like me?

Should we avoid selling drugs on the street, and really cause havoc like you promote in your signature? I'm sure that's a quote from Goodfellas? Thanks for providing me with a better role model.

"Didn't matter.
    It didn't mean anything.
    When I was broke I would go out and rob some more.
    We ran everything.
    We paid off cops.
    We paid off lawyers.
    We paid off judges.
    Everybody had their hands out.
    Everything was for the taking.
    And now it's all over."
    Proud member of MDS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast