Thread: NZB replies

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Is it really necessary for a member to reply when the wish to download an NZB? It's getting really annoying seeing the things bumped all the time.

yo

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'm changing it to sort by thread starting date by default, not sure why reality doesn't want it that way but I think it makes more sense that way.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    That's why you 'da man.

yo

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    The Movies section has been by Thread Start Date just hadnt done the other yet...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    As a poster, I can tell you that the 'thank you' posts make a difference.

I'm undecided about thread sorting.
    For myself it's nice to see a reply to one of my posts and I aways check just to see if there's a problem I could fix. It also helps me see if what I've posted is popular; there's not a lot of interest in XsoftSpy (even though it's a great program) so I may not bother with that when I see a new version.
    On the other hand, I fully understand that people want to see what's new at the top rather than bumped old posts.

I haven't looked, but I think Movie NZBs has the option to view either way. I think we should have the choice (default = sort by thread date) and that one's choice is 'sticky'.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    The Movies section has been by Thread Start Date just hadnt done the other yet...
    That's good and all, but it doesn't help the problem of when a member clicks the 'New Posts' button, and 75% of all the threads listed are NZB bumps.

yo

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    That's good and all, but it doesn't help the problem of when a member clicks the 'New Posts' button, and 75% of all the threads listed are NZB bumps.
    Im aware of that and was just stating that I hadnt changed the new subs at the time yet. Im also trying to get a link so that you can see only the Latest NZB for all NZB sections at once by thread start date. If you look in the Synapse or Default skins youll notice the link in the upper right corner of the navbar although its not working yet. I cant seem to get it to sort by thread start date for some reason when I created the link...
    Code:
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?do=getnew&f=79&page=1&pp=40&sort=threadstarted&order=desc&daysprune=-1
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/searc...c&daysprune=-1

It sorts by last post as you can see. If I can get it right or maybe someone can figure it out it would be nice to have and could be placed on the portal also...
    Last edited by RealitY; 12-19-2005 at 08:26 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    I understand....I think.

That's why I like rep. It could be made so that a member would be required to attain a rep of ___ in order to download NZB's. That way it would keep them from spamming their way in like with the Invites section, and possibly bring in additional knowledgeable/helpful/on-topic posts.

yo

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    I dont think you should have do anything more than already setup as a member. As for the rep system weve tried it for differnt things on the board and its just shown itself to be useless...