Thread: Help Please!

I know this is probably the wrong category and the wrong whatever to ask this. I am completely lost and I just want to understand how to use sig2dat so I can get game downloads and stuff. I THINK I use the sig2dat program correctly but I can't get a program to download it for me or something.

Someone help and don't delete this or lock it or something. Just help and i'll be happy! The usual programs i have heard about like imesh and K-Lite but they won't pick up the download correctly I think.

Btw flame all you want there is no point in calling me newb, I am one and I realize that, just be helpful instead of complaining about me.
    Last edited by Admiral; 12-17-2005 at 01:28 AM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    uhhh try not using kazza

and use bittorrent or sumthin. kazza is dead...
    Last edited by Guyver; 12-17-2005 at 02:20 AM.

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Ok....and how woud I use bittorrent to download it?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral
    Ok....and how woud I use bittorrent to download it?
    google is your friend.

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    get Limewire
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral
    I know this is probably the wrong category and the wrong whatever to ask this. I am completely lost and I just want to understand how to use sig2dat so I can get game downloads and stuff. I THINK I use the sig2dat program correctly but I can't get a program to download it for me or something.

Someone help and don't delete this or lock it or something. Just help and i'll be happy! The usual programs i have heard about like imesh and K-Lite but they won't pick up the download correctly I think.

Btw flame all you want there is no point in calling me newb, I am one and I realize that, just be helpful instead of complaining about me.
    Sig2Dat was specifically for use with kazaa or kazaalite. This takes me back, but basically, you use Sig2Dat, to create a dat file in your kazaa downloads folder. Then you start up kazaa (or kazaalite) and it automatically starts looking for sources to download the file from.

If you're not using, or don't want to use kazaa, then sig2dat is no good for you. I'd say it was yesterdays technology.

Use Shareaza instead. This rulez, because it is compatible with gnutella (used by limewire) and also ED2k, used by edonkey and emule. Also, it has its own proprietary G2 (gnutella 2) network, and is compatible with bittorrent.

No spyware, adware, and dead easy to use.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    why not point him to our guides on filesharing , thats what they are there for

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f66-.html here there is even a guide for bittorent , no need to google
    Open your mind