Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: stereo cd-r playback

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq86
    my friend got rid of his stereo because it didnt play burned cd's.is there anyway of modding the stereo to playback cd-r cds.
    This is what I responded to.

Oops, My mistake.

Right.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

2. Lounge   -   #52
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by johnq86
    so whats the diffence between a mp3 cd or a music cd?isnt it the same?
    An MP3 CD is a data cd with actual MP3 files on it.
    An audio cd is the MP3 or whatever music filed encoded to work in a stereo cd player.

Audio CDs are limited to 80minutes while MP3 discs are 700mb meaning a lot more songs.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Some older stereos can play audio CD's burnt on CDR disks, some cannot. It just seems to be luck of the draw.

Hardly any "older" ones (if any at all) will play Data CD's containing MP3's.

You'd be lucky to have one that plays CDRW disks either, even if it has been burnt as an audio cd (dunno why you'd want to do that anyway )

No matter what the source of your song (mp3, wav, wma, etc...), the songs on an audio CD will always be burnt in cda format, for compatibility in audio cd players.

I think that's right.

4. Lounge   -   #54
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa
    Some older stereos can play audio CD's burnt on CDR disks, some cannot. It just seems to be luck of the draw.

Hardly any "older" ones (if any at all) will play Data CD's containing MP3's.

You'd be lucky to have one that plays CDRW disks either, even if it has been burnt as an audio cd (dunno why you'd want to do that anyway )

No matter what the source of your song (mp3, wav, wma, etc...), the songs on an audio CD will always be burnt in cda format, for compatibility in audio cd players.

I think that's right.
    Why didn't you post that right at the start and save a lot of bother, bawbag.

PS normal CD players can often play wav files as well, but that's not important right now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456