Thread: Flash Bios

Hi guys i want to flash my bios my motherbord is a k7sem i know that if you want to flash your bios you must do this [ Download the flash utility and new bios files from the manufacturers web site copy these files to a system diskette turn off your computer and insert the systen diskete in your computers diskete drive ]
    but i dont underesthand wat this meen [ copy these files to a system diskette ] can anybody tell me wat this meens and how i can do this????

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    If you are new to this kind of thing I suggest you have someone help you right beside you. You do not want to do this BIOS update incorrectly, it will ruin your motherboard permanently.

As for how to make a system diskette: Go to 'My Computer' right click on '3½" Floppy (A and select 'format' then select 'Create an MS-DOS Startup diskette' and then format the diskette. It har appear a bit different on your PC as this info is for Windows XP.

Follow each step carefully that is suppied with that BIOS update. Don't do it if you are not sure.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    NOTICE: I just recently successfully flashed a K7SEM bios a few days back (my old one, I use a Gigabyte K7Triton now)

Here's how to do it:

Download the flash ultilitie for your correct bios brand (awards, etc..)
    Download the new *latest* version of the bios only (you dont need the ones before if if u dont have em)
    Insert a blank floppy, open my computer, right click the floppy disk and goto format, then choose create Dos Boot Disk.
    Now when that's done copy the "Flash Program" and the "Latest Bios" onto that floppy disk.
    BEFORE YOU GO AHEAD AND RESTART YOUR COMPUTER, READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR BIOS BRAND ONLY:
    Click here if u are gonna use Awards Flash
    Click here if u are gonna use Win Flash
    Click here if your gonna use AMI Flash
    Restart your computer and follow the instructions on the flash program.

It will ask if you want to backup your current bios, say yes.

Then finish the rest of the steps and it should go swell

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks for the Help Guys i just Updated my Bios

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    @Wolfmight, didn't you just fry your K7SEM?

And "Gigabyte K7Triton" is not the complete model number for your new board. Once again people won't be able to help you with just that information. Gigabyte model numders look similar to: GA-7VRXP

You asked in another thread what the difference was with SDRAM and DDR. How can we tell you what type you need if we don't know for which motherboard? (we had the same problem before with Sis730 remember?)

Sorry if it seems that I have an attitude but please try to see it from my point of view.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Somebody1234@20 April 2003 - 22:35
    @Wolfmight, didn't you just fry your K7SEM?

And "Gigabyte K7Triton" is not the complete model number for your new board. Once again people won't be able to help you with just that information. Gigabyte model numders look similar to: GA-7VRXP

You asked in another thread what the difference was with SDRAM and DDR. How can we tell you what type you need if we don't know for which motherboard? (we had the same problem before with Sis730 remember?)

Sorry if it seems that I have an attitude but please try to see it from my point of view.
    It fried cause I accidently used that air blower turned too far... it shot out liquide and i tried to wait for it to dry but it musta shorted it out.

Also about the Gigabyte board... it supports up to the latest amd chip there is right now. I put my 2400 on it, installed all my hardware onto the mobo, works like a charm!

--my question about useing my 2400 is answered already--

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    @Wolfmight, Can you read english or not? You must be avoiding telling us what model Gigabyte motherboard you have now. (again)

I am not trying to answer your "question about 2400".

I was once again trying to answer your question about your RAM. The one about SDRAM or DDR ram.

You see you don't answer what I ask.

Let me repeat myself one last time. I will not ask again and I will not wait around for you for 3 days again.

What is your Gigabyte motherboard Model number? (it should look like GA-xxxxx)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Wolfmight, when someone is trying to help you out with a problem, please read their replies thoroughly and answer their questions. Somebody1234 was trying to help you out (not only here but in another thread as well). If you have resolved the issue on your own, please let people know that so they are not searching for answers for you. I used to run a help desk and I know how frustrating it can be when you spend time finding a solution for someone and keep trying to get back to them and they don't respond, and when they finally do it is with an answer of "oh I fixed that days ago". Just keeps things in here running more smoothly, k?