Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth McFarlane Is A Fucking Genius!!!!

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    i think the US has had the peadophile hysteria in the last few years too though, and the terrorism
    Though I reckon certain 'merkins (not naming any names, Busyman) might have trouble with the accents...

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Yogs's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Yeah but you think poetry is not pish, so your opinion re what constitutes genius is about as valid as an American's.
    Oh good, my education continues.
    Why just last week I learned from you that as an American I don't understand sarcasm either.

And all this time I thought I was a sarcastic genius.

Oops, gotta go- Macdonald's just opened.

3. Lounge   -   #53
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    I never seen Monkey Dust, but now i'll check it out.
    It's very British. So if I can borrow some of Busyman's condensation you might not "get any of the references actually".
    Actually I wasn't being condensationalist.

I was serious. Unless a person is off the age to have seen the show referenced or watched older American TV, you won't get many of the jokes.
    Pretty simple.

You guys emit those "you don't get it 'cause it's subtle and you're American" condensation vapors. What I said was rather concrete. There's a fella in my crew from Trinindad that came over here rather "late" and he doesn't get some of the jokes either.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    PWN3D.

The World need more people like you, it really does.

It makes the rest of us feel all warm and cuddly inside.
    "Laugh it off, Fuzzball."
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #55
    Poster

It's very British. So if I can borrow some of Busyman's condensation you might not "get any of the references actually".

I was serious. Unless a person is off the age to have seen the show referenced or watched older American TV, you won't get many of the jokes.
    Pretty simple.

You guys emit those "you don't get it 'cause it's subtle and you're American" condensation vapors. What I said was rather concrete. There's a fella in my crew from Trinindad that came over here rather "late" and he doesn't get some of the jokes either.
    I'm having trouble working out which of the errors are intentional.

condensationalist - intentional.
    Unless a person is off the age - unintentional.
    You guys emit those - unintentional.
    condensation vapors - intentional.
    Trinindad - unintentional.

How did I do

6. Lounge   -   #56
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

The World need more people like you, it really does.

It makes the rest of us feel all warm and cuddly inside.
    "Laugh it off, Fuzzball."

You made me chortle in real life. Good man.

7. Lounge   -   #57
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker
    Yeah but you think poetry is not pish, so your opinion re what constitutes genius is about as valid as an American's.
    Oh good, my education continues.
    Why just last week I learned from you that as an American I don't understand sarcasm either.

And all this time I thought I was a sarcastic genius.

Oops, gotta go- Macdonald's just opened.
    No I think you'll find that Americans understand sarcasm, it's satire you don't understand. Please to be reading earlier post, more slowly this time.

Oh that's it, you thought they were synonymous, which kind of illustrates the point. Thanks for that

8. Lounge   -   #58
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Which is why it will never be considered a work of genius, a mark of genius would be to be accessible to all. Sure, they'll be the fanboy minority that praise it above all else, but a work of genius? I think you have very low standards on that point.

Though it is stale, Matt Groening's Simpsons is streets ahead when you consider each cartoon as a whole. People will still be watching old Simpsons episodes in ten years time whereas Family Guy will be all but forgotten except for when referenced as a "joke" by lazy writers on some future show that relies on pop culture to get a laugh.*

*Kevin Smith already did this on his superior Clerks** cartoon and none of you cnuts got my reference.

**Another show that suffers from an overabundance of pop culture references, but at least they are cleverly done.
    Last edited by Cheese; 12-20-2005 at 03:21 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #59
    Quote Originally Posted by football

Pretty simple.

I'm having trouble working out which of the errors are intentional.

condensationalist - intentional.
    Unless a person is off the age - unintentional.
    You guys emit those - unintentional.
    condensation vapors - intentional.
    Trinindad - unintentional.

How did I do
    Very good excerpt for one.

By the focus on spelling errors I'm guessing you are soccer and not NFL.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #60
    Which is why it will never be considered a work of genius, a mark of genius would be to be accessible to all. Sure, they'll be the fanboy minority that praise it above all else, but a work of genius? I think you have very low standards on that point.

Though it is stale, Matt Groening's Simpsons is streets ahead when you consider each cartoon as a whole. People will still be watching old Simpsons episodes in ten years time whereas Family Guy will be all but forgotten except for when referenced as a "joke" by lazy writers on some future show that relies on pop culture to get a laugh.*

*Kevin Smith already did this on his superior Clerks** cartoon and none of you cnuts got my reference.

**Another show that suffers from an overabundance of pop culture references, but at least they are cleverly done.
    Cool, so basically I can't consider him a genius unless you do.

Very good.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast