Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subway strike looms...

Poster
    These guys are making 60+ thousand a year and they want more, yes i Know the mta has a surplus. Yet that should be put into making the subways safer more efficient. I could go on i just wanted to rant about nothing.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Also why the hell are they bitching about money when the nypd boots start off with 24k. These guys risk there lives for next to nothing I dont see them striking......ooh well just my 1 nickel and a penny.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    what's $60k plus in real money?

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Poster
    thats about 5000 or so a month...... if u get paid every 2 weeks thats about 2500. lets say it totals to around 2300. U work for the Mta so u don't have to purchase a metrocard. Lets say u live in an apt, not in the city(manhatten) so your rent is about 700, you purchase 200 for food cablemodem 40 electric 120 cell 80 ph 60(u use cell more) so thats 1200. leaves u with a little under 1100. You still havent recieved that second paycheck. All bills are paid. If you own a car that 1100 more that covers goin to work(why u would take your car is beyond me , but to each there own)

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    and if Im wrong...psst who cares im just ranting...yet What I said about the nypd is on point...kinda like being in the military and just getting paid 300 every 1 and 15th. then being told yer going to iraq and not geting any compensation(this doesnt actaully happen).

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Proper Bo's Avatar spmado BT Rep: +2
    i meant what's $60 000 in £

As long as I've got a face
    You've got a place to sit

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    And so It begins Strike Strike Strike looks like i've got a free day off of work....YES!!!! Just one day as my company has paid for private buses to pick its employees up bastards!!!!

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    ooh sorry..not sure!!!

9. Lounge   -   #9
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Google
    $60,000 = £33,900
    That's USD, not sure if thats the currency in question but it seems most likely.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The NHL guys make millions a year and they were on strike for a whole season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast