Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vice City Requiements

yeah i heard that trails option slows down the game so if i turn it off it would boost up the game.

2. Games   -   #12
    Poster
    I have a p4 1.7ghz, 512mb, 80gb hard drive 32mb tnt2. Thats the only thing! The card and I cant get a new card cuz My parents got me an xbox! But I hope it will run, whens it up for download?

3. Games   -   #13
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'm still trying to figure this out. Both GTA3 and Vice City were originally made for PS2, right? So shouldn't they both have the same system requirements? And I think the PS2 only has like a 233Mhz CPU, so they should both run fine on almost any PC! But for some strange reason, they don't.

(btw I'm already searching for a CPU Upgrade for my old 550 Mhz PIII )

4. Games   -   #14
    see the diffrence between vice city and gta3 is that vice city uses directx 9 and 32bit graphics. the games has improved graphical wise so the comp power have to be boosted up.

5. Games   -   #15
    it's the quality of the graphics chip in the ps2, not the internal clock that determines it's graphical power. and the graphics chip is pretty good, not as powerful as some other consoles at the moment (well, basically everything), but still very good

6. Games   -   #16
    actually i think xbox's chip is better than ps2 just a little bit but ps2 is still the best.

7. Games   -   #17
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by johnnytightlips2@21 April 2003 - 16:47
    actually i think xbox's chip is better than ps2 just a little bit but ps2 is still the best.
    Doesn't Xbox use Nvidia graphics? I think that's a little better than whatever PS2 uses. Not sure though. Anyway, my point was if both games played equally well on PS2, shouldn't they both play on my computer? One does and one doesn't, that makes no sense.

8. Games   -   #18
    Poster
    Well, would it run on my pc? I know the card is bad but gta3 ran fine.

9. Games   -   #19
    Fasttracker A
    Ps2 runs games way better than computer anyday.

Computers werent designed like consoles .
    computers dont render the graphics the same as consoles do.
    Its a design flaw.

Ive read about this before in pc world and pc magazine.
    I wish i could remember the issue because I dont remember the details very well of why computers cant run games the same way consoles do.

sorry but thats roughly why

10. Games   -   #20
    the xbox has a better spec than the ps2. however, it's not the raw system spec, but how well the developers learn to exploit the technology. if you compare the early psx games to games like gran turismo 2, which came out at the end of the psx's life, you'll see a huge improvement. ps2, xbox and gamecube games will improve in terms of graphics as the develpoers learn more

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast