Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seasons Greetings?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    ....I have been shown how over half a nation can elect a proven idiot...
    Actually, the first time, just under half elected him.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicNakor
    It really is peculiar to watch you Yanks go at it. I'm still not entirely sure if there is that much of a difference between the Republicans and the Democrats.

Me either. I know Republicans that are apalled with the Bush Administration. On the other hand, I know Democrats that support him and his war in Iraq. Unless a person tells me what party they support, it is hard to define their political party of choice. It is easier to find out what political party they detest, but just because they detest one party, that in no way means they support another party.

Busy, I kind of like the 'I will get my coat saying.' And I miss Big Boab's way of using that expression. ;-) If you would rather I say 'Okay....I have had my say, bye y'all'..........it won't be a happening thing. Quite frankly, now that I have an inkling that it might just bug you a bit.......I will probably use it often.
    Maybe it's just weird seeing an American say it. It's like someone saying, "Take my wife, please" and then you hear a drum kick.....corrrrnnnnnyyyyy.

The Republicans, in Congress at least, appalled with Bush weren't appalled years ago but are appalled now since he can't run again. There will be much intra-party mud slinging in the next coupla years.

It is sometimes painful to see motherfuckers supporting Bush with his lying ass about the war and 2000+ soldiers dead yet these same stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair. Are people gonna be the party or the common sense?

SDRAWKCABSSA
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    ....I have been shown how over half a nation can elect a proven idiot...
    Actually, the first time, just under half elected him.
    Well the first time, folks get a pass except for those in Texas. He was their gubna so they have no excuse...and I know he didn't just start playing the dumbcard after he was elected President.

Stupidity like that marinates for awhile.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Poster
    I have a sister that marinated in Texas for a bit, and actually mingled with the man. She actually felt he did some good things for Texas, and was pleased with his support for a home for unwed mothers there that she supported. She voted for him. I keep watching for horns to grow on her head or signs of stupidity in other areas of her life other than political. None appear.

Another sister still marinates there. Do you think our family needs to pull one of those kidnapping things where we go get her in the dark of night, throw her in the trunk, get her the hell out of Texas and put her through some sort of reverse brainwashing? ;-)

A lot of people voted for Bush because they believed him to be the lesser of two evils at the time. Or the stronger leader of two damn politicians. Some have changed their minds. Some still say given the same choice, they would still vote for him to this day.

Calling someone stupid because they believe what they believe based on their experiences doesn't help much. IMO it tends to antagonize them and makes them hold faster to those beliefs. So where is the purpose in that. What is the goal?
    Last edited by Everose; 12-22-2005 at 06:19 PM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I got the same email today, although mine was slightly different

Please accept with no obligation, implicit or explicit, my best wishes for
    an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress,
    non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday,
    practised within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion
    or secular practices of your choice, with total respect for the
    religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, and their choice
    not to practise religious or secular traditions at all... and a fiscally
    successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of
    the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due
    respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to
    society have helped make Britain great (not to imply the Britain is
    necessarily greater than any other country nor is it the only "BRITAIN" in
    the northern hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, colour,
    age, physical ability, religious faith, sexual orientation and choice of
    computer platform of the wishee.
    By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms. This greeting is
    subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no
    alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wishee
    actually to implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is
    void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the
    wisher.
    This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application
    of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a
    subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited
    to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion
    of the wisher.

Alternative version!

Don't give a damn who you are, where you are or what you are, but have a safe and happy Christmas holiday and an optimistic new year.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair.
    SDRAWKCABSSA
    Clinton lied about much more than that, B., and there are efforts afoot just now to uncover the details, which are being obscured by Democrat-retained lawyers.

BTW-

Why do you, of all people, need to stoop to name-calling?

Is your pique over rampant ignorance somehow greater than mine?

Are you compelled to deflect reasonable debate by employing unreasonable rhetoric, or do you fear the debate?

If you haven't yet tumbled to the fact, there are no tough-guys in cyberspace, and name-calling is so wasteful.

We're all well-aware you are a multi-talented 5' 10" mesomorph with bad knees and lots of throwing stars, a wide assortment of knives, several guns, and a mean shopping streak.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose

Me either. I know Republicans that are apalled with the Bush Administration. On the other hand, I know Democrats that support him and his war in Iraq. Unless a person tells me what party they support, it is hard to define their political party of choice. It is easier to find out what political party they detest, but just because they detest one party, that in no way means they support another party.

Busy, I kind of like the 'I will get my coat saying.' And I miss Big Boab's way of using that expression. ;-) If you would rather I say 'Okay....I have had my say, bye y'all'..........it won't be a happening thing. Quite frankly, now that I have an inkling that it might just bug you a bit.......I will probably use it often.
    Maybe it's just weird seeing an American say it. It's like someone saying, "Take my wife, please" and then you hear a drum kick.....corrrrnnnnnyyyyy.

The Republicans, in Congress at least, appalled with Bush weren't appalled years ago but are appalled now since he can't run again. There will be much intra-party mud slinging in the next coupla years.

It is sometimes painful to see motherfuckers supporting Bush with his lying ass about the war and 2000+ soldiers dead yet these same stupid dipshit sheep cockbastards were having conniptions over Clinton lying about an affair. Are people gonna be the party or the common sense?

SDRAWKCABSSA
    ...and I've had it up to here *points at head* with this 2,000+ soldier death count being smeared all over the damn place. It's for no other purpose than to smear this war and Bush's integrity. If all the democrats were worried about was saving American lives, then why aren't we hearing of a fight in reference to the 30,000+ lives that are taken every year due to drunk driving accidents??

Ffs...we've had just over 2,000 soldier deaths in the past 4.5 years in a major overseas conflict fighting the terrorists who attacked our country. The thoughts and priorities of some people just downright sicken me.

PS - Whoever implied that "humored" was incorrect, and that the proper term should have been "amused" is wrong themselves. Either word will work there.

yo

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo

Ffs...we've had just over 2,000 soldier deaths in the past 4.5 years in a major overseas conflict fighting the terrorists who attacked our country.
    Iraq attacked us ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    lynx's Avatar .
    Last edited by lynx; 07-09-2007 at 09:26 PM.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    PS - Whoever implied that "humored" was incorrect, and that the proper term should have been "amused" is wrong themselves. Either word will work there.
    oh, shut the fuck up.

hu·mor
    tr.v., -mored, -mor·ing, -mors.
    1. To comply with the wishes or ideas of; indulge.
    2. To adapt or accommodate oneself to.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast