Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Concert

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I started this thread saying I had tickets to see Pavarotti, how is that a "pot shot"

2. Lounge   -   #32
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I started this thread saying I had tickets to see Pavarotti, how is that a "pot shot"
    You stated £90 = $327. I stated That you were wrong and it is the equivalent of $155. Then you called me arrogant. I then asked you for a little clarification in the chance I misunderstood you, so you called me a rude, arrogant, agressive American. Blah blah blah Americans are so dumb...

3. Lounge   -   #33
    1, How is miscalculating exchange rates a "pot shot". How precious would you have to be to think that was a "pot shot". Whenever I post an amount in Sterling I also post a ridiculous amount in Dollars. It's an obvious, stupid joke.

2, You assuming that it was US$ was arrogant, why would it automatically be US. I said it was arrogant because it was.

3, You sought clarification. I thought I would take the pish a bit, thinking you would get it as a bit of a larf. What I said was preposterous, but you took it seriously.

Having said that you thought the exchange rate thing was a "pot shot", so I should have realized you were very sensitive, my bad. Sorry if I offended your great nation by inferring that it's currency was not particularly strong against the £ just now.

I take it you would object if I suggested your foreign policy left something to be desired.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    1, How is miscalculating exchange rates a "pot shot". How precious would you have to be to think that was a "pot shot". Whenever I post an amount in Sterling I also post a ridiculous amount in Dollars. It's an obvious, stupid joke.

2, You assuming that it was US$ was arrogant, why would it automatically be US. I said it was arrogant because it was.

3, You sought clarification. I thought I would take the pish a bit, thinking you would get it as a bit of a larf. What I said was preposterous, but you took it seriously.

Having said that you thought the exchange rate thing was a "pot shot", so I should have realized you were very sensitive, my bad. Sorry if I offended your great nation by inferring that it's currency was not particularly strong against the £ just now.

I take it you would object if I suggested your foreign policy left something to be desired.
    1. I apologize if I don't follow every one of your posts to see that you "always post ridiculus amounts in dollars".

2. Considering Europe uses Euros (except the Pound users) it would seem simple to assume you were refering to the US Dollar. You still haven't stated which Dollar you are using, so I can only assume you did in fact mean the US Dollar.

3. Simply saying "I meant the Australian Dollar" or whatever would have been to easy, no?

4. Did I say you insulted my "great nation"? I don't think I did. BUT you did feel you needed to insult a large amount of people with your "Americans are so dumb" rhetoric.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    1. You really should, that would save the misunderstanding.

2. What does Euro have to do with it, I live in the UK and the tickets were bought in £. The assumption is again arrogant, but I have come to realize you can't help it.

3. It would have been really easy, but I was taking the pish by that stage (as explained in my last) so it wouldn't have helped achieve my aim.

4. See above. I would be surprised if I offended that many people. Only the truly dumb would not have realized it was just having a larf.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    live concerts are too realistic.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    Anyway HMPL is just jealous coz' I'm going to see Pavarotti on his farewell tour.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Santa's Avatar dvhyt5er
    The quiet moment when Pav sucks in a deep breath
    for the climax of his piece,

is best used to stand up and scream...
    "Mankers daps are worthy of Chav gepperdom"

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%
    The quiet moment when Pav sucks in a deep breath
    for the climax of his piece,

is best used to stand up and scream...
    "Mankers daps are worthy of Chav gepperdom"
    That's just what I was planning to do.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    A sublime thread for a sublime event.

Jp, I assumed you were referring to Troy pounds which are worth a wee bit more than the standard pound, out of respect for Pavaratti's golden notes.

If he takes requests, do you think he could sing "100 bottles of beer on the wall" for me? I've always wanted him to do that classic.

I will be mailing you this fine way to express your satisfaction with the show. And yes, that is real chrome on there.

And like the green Christmas hats, it is not something you can keep, cheap barsteward.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast