Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burning DVD-R IMG

orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Hey guys, I was just wondering. If you have a DVD-R IMG of a movie you want to burn, and Alcohol nor Nero recognize this format, and both times when you try to burn it, a window comes up with "Foreign Image Settings" can one just click okay and burn? Or are there some settings you have to change in the window?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    Hey guys, I was just wondering. If you have a DVD-R IMG of a movie you want to burn, and Alcohol nor Nero recognize this format, and both times when you try to burn it, a window comes up with "Foreign Image Settings" can one just click okay and burn? Or are there some settings you have to change in the window?
    Change the file extension from .img to .iso(rename the last two letters of the file), that should sort your problem.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Retired
    DVD Decrypter

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Change the file extension from .img to .iso(rename the last two letters of the file), that should sort your problem.
    Haha, yes minutes after I first posted this, I found that I could just change the extension like you said, and it worked fine. Haha, thanks guys.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgy368
    Haha, yes minutes after I first posted this, I found that I could just change the extension like you said, and it worked fine. Haha, thanks guys.
    So if I download a file from newgroups, and it is an .img file, after I save it, I change the name from xxx.img to xxx.iso, or use DVD decrypter. Right?

Thanks.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by {I}{K}{E}
    DVD Decrypter
    Agreed this is the best way to do img files...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Thanks. Yesterday, I downloaded (my "virginal" download of a movie file) a movie, that was primarily .img file and a couple of other files (not .nfo files or readme files). When I get home from work today, I am gonna try to burn them and watch the movie! I will probably try DVD Decrypter, as it seems it might be able to figure out the other files.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Alcohol 120% will do .img files...but you have to add it under Options.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I think the .mg files and all files are under 4.5 gb, so I wouldn't need Alcohol 120%

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Alcohol can do them also and its a favorite app of mine although I still use DVD Decryptor for img files...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast