Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloaded Movies

I was wondering about d/loading the matrix reloaded when it is out, but is it really worth watching a dodgy cam/(supposed)screener of a film that would be amazing to see at the cinema. I mean for someone who is really a matrix fan isnt it like peeping at your christmas presents b4 the big day.

YES can tell your friends that you have seen/have got the latest movie.

BUT wouldnt it be better to be blown away for the first time in a cinema.

btw. totally grateful to all who post/share movies and those who bother to get them from irc. and share

its only a special effects riddled movie like m/reloaded that makes me think this way.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    I don't think that it would be worth spoiling the movie watching a pc version.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    "BUT wouldnt it be better to be blown away for the first time in a cinema."

Yea it would.....

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Watching it in theaters will be the thing to do. Then dl&#39;ing it will just be for your ego.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    TwoDogsGifted
    Originally posted by marble@20 April 2003 - 12:31
    I was wondering about d/loading the matrix reloaded when it is out, but is it really worth watching a dodgy cam/(supposed)screener of a film that would be amazing to see at the cinema. I mean for someone who is really a matrix fan isnt it like peeping at your christmas presents b4 the big day.

btw. totally grateful to all who post/share movies and those who bother to get them from irc. and share

its only a special effects riddled movie like m/reloaded that makes me think this way.
    I wanna see this flick sooooo bad. The effects in M1 were awesome but the concept was even better. Unfortunately most concepts are lost when continuity editors are sub-standard, and Matrix 1 was the first movie I ever watched that I honestly have nothing negative to remark on. Now I&#39;m hooked on the concept and I want to see what they do with that in M2. I don&#39;t think the effects will be that much of an issue for me this time. I have to hope that some genius or group of same have made M2 better than M1. THAT would be way cool.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    No way Matrix 2 will be better than the first one. I hope so, but I doubt it.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    ill probably set it d/ling while i watch it in the cinema , then enjoy it again afterwoods . cheers guys/gals&#33;

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Poster
    [QUOTE] ill probably set it d/ling while i watch it in the cinema , then enjoy it again afterwoods . cheers guys/gals&#33;

Yeah thats probably the best thing to do

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by marble@20 April 2003 - 07:31

I approach the movie thing different. Some movies, like Star Wars, or Matrix Reloaded.. these are films that I&#39;ll download and burn to a VCD to watch on my big screen. The quality sucks of course, until a true DVD rip comes out, but its watchable. Then when the movie opens, I pay to see it and I can enjoy it on the big screen. In addition, I can focus on the film more, since I have an idea of what parts/characters are actually important to the film as a whole.

Now, other shit, like Bulletproof Munk, or Old School, these movies I&#39;m interested in seeing, but probably won&#39;t go pay to see. However, I&#39;ll probably add them to my DVD collection later. So I download a cam version, so I can see it, then I purchase it on DVD when its released. In all honesty, I don&#39;t cost the RIAA/MPAA anything with my so called "piracy."

I feel that watching the pirated copies helps to:

1. Make me a better consumer
    2. Removes the limitations of waiting for a film be released
    3. Helps encourage the film studios to release movies in new formats, thus improving home-viewing technology
    Proud member of MDS

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Originally posted by marble@20 April 2003 - 13:31

i really hate the theatre in this crappy town

crappy sound.. i went to see two towers and the sound of the middle and back speakers cut out for half the movie..

and the seats suck..

so thank god for dvd screeners and a broadband connection ;D and k-lite...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast