Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Why Americans Don't Learn English

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    No, you need to make yourself clearer.

So you decide when we need help, obviousement.
    And no, I shouldn't have to make myself clearer. If I say if the the UK was attacked by another country, I shouldn't have to CaptainObviously say, "Well not any country and all countries."
    If you say something with no conditions then it is reasonable for people to assume that it is unconditional. "The USA would help" is taken to mean just that. However "The USA would help, if it was required" is entirely different.

You use this "CaptainObviously" thing as if it was some sort of mystic incantation. Things may be obvious to you because they are in your head, that does not mean they are obvious to other people.

Any misunderstanding was entirely your fault.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

And no, I shouldn't have to make myself clearer. If I say if the the UK was attacked by another country, I shouldn't have to CaptainObviously say, "Well not any country and all countries."
    If you say something with no conditions then it is reasonable for people to assume that it is unconditional. "The USA would help" is taken to mean just that. However "The USA would help, if it was required" is entirely different.

You use this "CaptainObviously" thing as if it was some sort of mystic incantation. Things may be obvious to you because they are in your head, that does not mean they are obvious to other people.

You're a Gobot. Actually I agree. The fault is mine....for addressing you. My apologies.

Added.
    Last edited by Busyman; 12-28-2005 at 04:30 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Someone is having a hissy fit.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Someone is having a hissy fit.
    I think so coming out with relly harsh words like gobot

5. Lounge   -   #65
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent

You're a Gobot. Actually I agree. The fault is mine....for addressing you. My apologies.

Added.
    I like it when yor realize you were wrong. You still try to make out it was the other person's fault.

It's cute.

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Dark Steno's Avatar lol fang tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    The Swiss are not a good example. They have an unbelieveably large and well organised self defence force (err,, it runs like clockwork ) and impossible terrain. It was that more than their neutrality that persuaded Mr Hitler to give them a miss - invading Swizterland would have tied up half the Wehrmacht.
    Stukas away!!
    Yours Sincerely,

Dark Steno @ Maskawaih

| manker FTW too! Awesome and superior being ^_^! |

| Maskawaih.com |My DeviantArt|

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567