Thread: Disable File Sharing?

I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing. I know it's important to share, but I'm worried about getting sued. Does anyone know how likely it is to get sued and if there is a way to disable sharing. Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Retired
    if you dont want to share you should try newsgroups

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    >I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing.
    No. Use newsgroups or kazaa if you don't want to share.
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by wbandit
    I use Emule and was wondering if there is a way to disable sharing. I know it's important to share, but I'm worried about getting sued. Does anyone know how likely it is to get sued and if there is a way to disable sharing. Thanks!
    This is a filesharing forum, go away. If everyone was like you, there would be no files to download. You probably dont vote either.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    kazaa sounds like a good choice for you

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    If you don't want to share then you shouldn't be using filesharing at all.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Yeah, I figured I was going to get slammed by all of you. I actually do vote though! HA HA HA!

So, what are my chances of getting caught. Anyone have any stats? Kazaa sucks, so I don't want to use that and I also want to support filesharing to keep this going, so I will continue to use Emule, but I would like to know how much of a risk I am taking. Thanks for the input guys!
    Last edited by wbandit; 12-30-2005 at 03:37 PM.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Depends on what you share.. Emule wont let you NOT share as thats how the network lives.. You can NOT share on Kazaa but thats the number 1 network for getting sued/caught.. That, and its full of fakes..

As for getting caught, like I said, depends on what you share.. Also, try using a IP blocker.
    blah blah blah... whatever...