Thread: Your good cause for the day

...helping a newbie!

I am a rookie file sharer and have already made some mistakes. Like buying 247downloads.com software. Plus, it turns out when I paid it said my credit card declined and so I redid it four times...wouldn't you know it charged all four times.

Here is my question: When I do a file search it finds several isp's, computers, etc but returns zero "shares". ANy idea what might cause this? And yes I am using the 247software FileSharing since I paid for it...

Thank you trememdously.
    Last edited by KHenson; 12-30-2005 at 11:20 PM.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Welcome to FileSharing Talk.

Try to get your money back. Ask your credit card company for a refund for at least the 3 times extra you were charged.

Get rig of whatever they sold you. It's junk and probably full of spyware. There are far better tools that are free. Check around this board and you'll learn a ton about filesharing!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Yeah...hopefully you can get your company to give you that back. Ouch. :x

Different P2P programs use different methods of connecting...I don't think anyone here's going to know how that software works, but the other sections of the board have a fair bit of information on different programs.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    some freeware program i recommend are ares, limewire and bt
    hope you can get a refund..

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Thanks to all you canucks who answered! I guess the reason I paid for this one was because I fell for the "This one is legal" pitch. They said that since you can only download with their software and not upload that it was legal.

I see Limeware pop up a lot as a recommended one. Is this legal to use? Like I said, I'm really ignorant about file sharing...I just know that Kazza is supposedly illegal and I've been basing all my information from that point of view.

Thanks again.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    The legality of it depends greatly on where you are and it's laws. In any case, the chance of being caught is extremely low.

Check out Emuleplus installer: http://emuleplus.info/

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    dodgy368's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by KHenson
    Thanks to all you canucks who answered! I guess the reason I paid for this one was because I fell for the "This one is legal" pitch. They said that since you can only download with their software and not upload that it was legal.

I see Limeware pop up a lot as a recommended one. Is this legal to use? Like I said, I'm really ignorant about file sharing...I just know that Kazza is supposedly illegal and I've been basing all my information from that point of view.

Thanks again.
    File sharing programs aren't illegal, it's the files being shared that determine the legallity.

Sharing copywrited material is illegal(without the owners permission).

Sharing non-copywrite material is legal.

All chart music and films at the cinema are almost guaranteed to be copywrite and illegal to share.

Hope that helps.

ps, never pay for any file sharing.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Lol. Never pay for what you can get for free